Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RanganathYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
my cousin, he is 2 years old, he is having dry skin, his skin is very thin, has many scratches. His leg palms also got so many scratches. please suggest me suitable ointment for him.
My 5 y old daughter pratistha is having bilateral hearing loss at 60DB and above which was confirmed in BERA test and she has enlarged adenoids n tonsils as well. But clinically she is well and breathes thr mouth but has sore throat once in a month.
My 14 days (2 weeks) old son has bouts of several hiccups sometimes. What could be the reason? How to prevent it from recurring?
My new born kid has ostium secundum of 0.4 cm. Is it harmful later or will it get healed as time passes by.
My baby is 6 months old n we r going for painless vaccination. I just wanna know is it safe for baby or not.
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
I am 27. I had c-section delivery. My baby is 5 month old. Is it safe for him to consume green coffee during breastfeeding?
Hi, my 3 month old will not sleep at night and has developed a habit of crying before sleeping. Also he will not sleep in my lap, cradle or cot, he wants me to carry him on shoulder and after moving around for an hour he'll sleep. But his sleep will not be guaranteed. He might sleep for just 10 minutes. Rest he has no problem with his growth. Please suggest me, how do I change his habit and make him sleep at night.
MY 12 year daughter does not go toilet for 4-5 day when she go toilet then she suffering so paining to pass the stool she eat everything but don't go toilet every day what I do.
Hi, mera 15 days ka ek beta hua hain oh hamesha rota hain aur thoda thoda karke stole ho raha hain kya ho raha hain main kya karun?
My 1.5 Year child not eating properly. Only taking milk .is any food supplement for him.Please tell.
My baby is 2 months old she is struggling while nursing. During nursing she coughing and she doing deep breath for 4 to 5 times after that. What to do doctor for over active letdown.
My baby feeding lactogen .In what color does baby pass the motion. My baby passing the motion in cement color nd sometimes yellow.
Scabies is a type of skin conditions that causes itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, a microscopic mite. It is a contagious condition, which can spread through physical contact. An estimate shows that scabies infects over 300 million people worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats, and mice can also be affected by this disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin, which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection, is a quite common occurrence in such cases.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.