Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Integrated Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Integrated Medicine Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Integrated Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RangamaniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. my wife does not conceive after her leoroscopic removal of gall bladder. What may be the reason for that and remedy. Please answer. If she needs any medicines please prescribe. She has irregular period and excess bleeding.
I am 36 yrs. Old boy I am suffering cold and cough past 10 + years so please tell me what can I do to recover this problem?
She is suffering from cold and cough she even used d cold but there is no improvement in her condition.
My father is a heart patient. Unko abhi kuch din phele sardi huaa tha, sardi a hi think he lek in bahut zeada khasi ho raha hai ?
Hello Doctor, I am 26 year old and got married last November. We wish for a baby. My vaginal hole is really tight and while trying for intercourse his penis doesn't go in at all and am feeling pain with fingers sometimes. Could you please advise, is there any way I can have a hole/enlarge my vaginal opening.
I am 62 years old male. I am having cough and cold problem since 4 years. I have taken so many medicines but all had temporary effects. For cough I am using" foracort" But nose is continuously flowing. I used month L for three months, had relief temporarily. When stopped problem again started. I want a permanent relief.
Hi I m female24 & my husband is male 26 married since last 9months,& we have unprotected intercourse daily. Now we want a baby. I usually gets my period on 11/12 of every month this time I gotbon 20th. So please advise how can I get pregnancy. When should we have intercourse? How many days should I have intercourse to get pregnant? What should I do after intercourse? Request you to guide be briefly.
1. What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)? When is it recommended?
IUI is a procedure where semen is instilled inside the uterus of a woman after it has been processed in the laboratory. IUI is done at the time of ovulation.
It is recommended in cases of male factor infertility like low sperm counts or motility and also in case of unexplained infertility so as to improve the chances of pregnancy.
2. How does IUI increase the chance of pregnancy?
In IUI, the washed sperms are deposited directly into the uterus at the time of ovulation. By this, there are more chances for gametes (eggs and sperms) to fertilise and cause pregnancy.
3. What is the best period to do an IUI?
The best period to do an IUI is immediately after ovulation (egg release).
4. How is it performed? Or Description of IUI procedure in brief?
IUI is a simple, non-painful procedure. Firstly, the husband's semen is collected and then prepared in the laboratory so that we can get the maximum number of good motile sperms. Thereafter the woman (wife) is positioned to lie down and a speculum is inserted in the vagina. Semen wash in loaded in a sterile plastic catheter and introduced through the cervix into the uterine cavity and is then injected slowly.
5. What are the pre-IUI treatment steps?
1) Screening tests for both husband and wife is done.
2) Tubal patency test of a wife is desirable.
3) Ovulation induction with medications
4) Follicular monitoring by ultrasound.
5) Timing of ovulation by giving an HCG trigger injection (for egg release) when the follicles are mature (greater than 20 mm).
6) 36-40 hours later, semen is processed and IUI is done.
6. Are there extra precautions to be taken after IUI procedure?
A woman is asked to lie down for 15-30 minutes after IUI procedure, thereafter she can resume her routine activities. She is asked to take prescribed medications on time as advised.
7. Can the sperm fall out?
No, sperms don't fall out after IUI.
8. Where is the sperm accumulated? How long sperm survive after timed intercourse of IUI?
Sperm accumulate in cervical crevices during intercourse and can survive for 72 hours
9. What is the method for sperm freezing, if a partner is not available at the IUI procedure time?
The semen sample is processed first in the laboratory and the semen wash is then frozen by putting this in liquid nitrogen. Thereafter, this frozen sample can be used anytime, like on the day of IUI even when a husband is not around.
10. How long frozen sperm can be stored?
Frozen sperms can be stored as long as desired.
11. Can using of frozen sperm increase the likelihood having a child with birth defects?
No, using frozen sperms does not increase chances of birth defects.
12. Do I need to take extra precautions after IUI?
No extra precautions are needed after IUI, just take the medicines on time as advised by the doctor.
13. How long does it take for fertilization and for implantation?
Fertilization takes roughly 12-18 hours and implantation occur around the 5th day after ovulation.
14. What kind of examination is usually done for an IUI cycle?
Ultrasound monitoring (transvaginal probe) is usually done in IUI cycles.
15. How long prior to an IUI should the couple abstain from intercourse?
An abstinence period of 2-3 days is advisable before IUI to get the best sperm sample from a partner.
16. What is 'washed' sperm?
'Washed sperm' is actually the processed semen prepared in the laboratory using various media. By this process, toxins and dead sperms are removed from semen so that it can be put directly in the uterine cavity.
17. What is donor IUI?
When husband semen has no sperms (azoospermia) then, sperms can be taken from sperm banks and IUI can be done, this is called a donor IUI.
18. After an IUI, how soon can I have intercourse?
After the IUI, there is no restriction to have intercourse.
19. Can IUI be used for gender selection?
NO, IUI cannot be used for gender selection.
20. Is the process painful?
NO, IUI process is not at all painful. It is equivalent to a gynecological examination.