Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya VenkataramanYour feedback matters!
Hi. I have sub total eardrum perforation. The problem is that I can hear what is being said but I don't understand the same (i miss to hear or understand a word or two). Is it hearing loss or something else? please advise.
What is the procure to increase the length and hard penis. I masturbate allot I am a porn addict. My size of penis is decrease and erection is only for few minutes with hardness in it.
Cold sores are typically caused by the herpes simplex virus and are characterized by small blisters that develop around the lips and mouth. However, some people do not showcase any symptoms at all. The mouth is the most affected area as the skin in this area is not as resistant to the virus as skin on other parts of the body. It can also occur on the chin, nose or cheeks. Cold sores are communicable through skin contact. This condition can also be triggered by stress.
The first time this virus affects is a person is known as the primary infection. Some of the symptoms of cold sores are
- Blisters on the mouth, lips, tongue, throat or gums. These blisters may be dry or oozing.
- Pain while swallowing or eating due to ulcers and blisters.
- Swollen neck glands.
- High fever accompanied by body ache.
An outbreak of cold sores usually lasts about a week. Once the primary infection is over the virus is not eliminated from the body, but remains dormant in a nerve sheath. Recurrent cold sores may not cause severe mouth infections as with primary infections, but can be quite unpleasant. In most cases, recurrent cold sores erupt in the same area as the primary infection.
Some of the ways to treat primary infections are:
- Painkillers: Over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol can help ease the pain.
- Chlorhexidine mouthwash: This can be used in place or brushing in case of painful sores inside the mouth. It can also prevent plaque buildup and secondary gum infection.
- Antiviral medication: If taken at the onset of a cold sore infection, this can reduce the pain associated with it and shorten the duration of the infection. This also prevents the virus from multiplying.
As cold sores are communicable, it is important to prevent it from spreading. Some ways of containing this infection are:
- Wash your hands with soap and water after touching your mouth or the sores.
- Avoid touching the cold sores
- Abstain from oral sex
- Do not share items that come in contact with the infected area like lip balms, towels, cutlery etc.
If the symptoms do not subside within 5 days, visit a doctor immediately. Consult a doctor if you have frequent bouts of cold sores or suffer from a severe case of the disease. Pregnant women and mothers with young babies who suffer from the disease should also seek prompt medical attention.
Related Tip: "All About Cold Sores"
Actually I used delay spray for more fun around 10 days back. Since the day I used it I have issue in proper erection. Its never hard as it used to be. Even after lot of fore play. What should I do.
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.