Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya VenkataramanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am having hypertension and diabetes type 2 since 1997 presently on. Pantadoc 40__empty stomach Gemer 2____before break fast Triolmezest & becatrol___after break fast Cilacar10mg &tonect asp 75 at night My angiography normal rft test normal lipid profile normal. Sir, my questions are as below. 1-reason of bp always 150/90 after above medicins 2-in futharmful medicine may harmful and may cancer Thanks
I am 18 year old. I am suffering from sneezing last 2year Many time I take medicine to my consult doctor but medicine do not work proper. So what I can do to stop my sneezing problem.
I am I'll and fever in 5 and 6 please you help me and headed eye color rad in face in pimple please help me.
I am 70 yrs young presently suffering from back pain whih radiates to rt hip. Earlier in 2010 I had severe attack of sciatica in lt leg which was treated with gepapentin 75 mg and mv plus physiotherapy ift and back exercises. Now the present problem started in 2010 and taking all type of treatment and physiotherapy no improvement. Mri show degeneration of disc. I use to feel pain in rt hip while waking but now it is there even while I sit. Consulted neouro surgeon as well as physio and took treatment as suggested but no improvement. Can you help me please.
There is pain in my stomach. I always suffer from gas problem. Whenever I eat fatty food, I suffer. Please suggest me nice medicines and ways to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. I will be very grateful to you.
My penis was soo small nd week I masturbate daily now wt should I do for recovery of my health active nd large penis.
I Rajeshwari devi 73 year old facing the problem of sound in ear of ringing bell since last 10 years. I become so hope less when it ringing loudly. So please advice some medicine or exercise to cure this problem.
Hello, i'm 21 year old. I'm addicted by masturbation, and i've been masturbating from age of 13. But now i'm getting treatment for that by homeopathic. Now I'm masturbating twice or thrice in a week. So I just want to know that, masturbating can cause any type of glandular disease or glandular cancer?
I am 62 years old. I take both veg and non veg. I have type 2 diabetes. My weight Is 72 k.g. I want to reduce weight. Through ketosis. Kindly advice what sorts of food I should take and quantity.
Sir I have allergy due to which sneezing occur with dust or taking tea etc I take cetrizine tablets daily which work for 3 hrs then the same things occur I am in very bad condition please help me doctor.
I am having stomachache due to renal stone. what to do? To take care of that pain I am taking lot of medicine.
I am 28 year male, I have usual problem of stomach and now I have problem of Hair fall as well. Please help me.
I am facing problem in my left ear. I am getting low sound than other ear and also my ear is full of puss every morning when I wake up. Please resolve it.
Hello Doctor, last week at night I was sleeping with my cousin brother his age only 10 years. While sleeping at midnight he started to remove my top and started to lick my breast. But I was unable to stop him as I was enjoying .then later he started to lick my vagina .so I got awake and stopped him .but at 3 am I was unable to control .and kissed him. Then he undressed me completely. And inserted his penis inside me and had hard sex with me . Once I rubbed his penis and observed that he is unable to cum .I think he is not matured yet. So im having sex with him daily. But today I sucked his penis . Suddenly I got mouthful of sperms in my mouth .now I'm confused will I get pregnant or not ?
Sir I have done sex with my gf last 13 days ago. Now she is said that there is bleeding with her urine and feeling painful also but she is suffering for stone pain also, she is going toilet so many times in an hour and vomit and rawness also she ho in a clinic but doctor said there is a only infection not anything serious now I m confuse that is she is pregnant or not please help I m very worry about this.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.