Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RamyaYour feedback matters!
I have defect of short sightedness, and it is from three years and I am wearing a glass of -2.00. Can it be cured by naturally or any clinically treatment? If yes, how?
Sir/mam I have done cornea translation before 60 days I can read only 3 lines in reading chat. I have 14 stitches cornea is well set. Pls help me to know when I will receive full vision.
I think My eye sight is dropping day by day, and I'm just 13 years old, I watch 2 hr TV and use 1 hr laptop only which I think is common because my brothers do same as well. My eyes hurt when I study. Can you suggest me some remedies?
Undergone RK in 1992 and developed cataract following an eye injury and undergone cataract surgery in right eye in 1999. For sometime the vision was alright, but now I am having a power of nearly 8.0 in right eye. Left eye power is 0 and I am unable to balance the vision with high eye power in one eye. Any remedy for this. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
I have a eye problem my number is very big so tips for me to control this number and I am very weak in personality so tips me.
I have red eyes for five days which is very painful that I want to best medicine for the eyes. Please give me a prefect treatments for my eyes please help me.
Eye allergies or allergic conjunctivitis involves the inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are common during summer. Homeopathy is an ideal way to cure eye allergies without any side effects.
Here are some homeopathic medicines, which treat eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for eye allergies characterized by burning and stinging in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes; the eyelids swell and become puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an ideal medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin it comes in contact with, and there is burning pain in the eyes. The eyes stay watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: It is an ideal homeopathic remedy in case of eye allergies with prulent discharge. The patient develops photophobia and splinter like pain is felt in the eyes. The conjunctiva swells and the discharge is abundant.
- Ruta: This is a great homeopathic medicine to cure eye allergies where there is a sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels as if a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and quite painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an ideal homeopathic medicine when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes along with itching and burning. The eyelids feel like they have been agglutinated.
In case of eye allergies accompanied by itching or burning sensation, you can apply natural home-based eye remedies as well. They are:
- Applying a cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area will give you relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently. Use chamomile tea bags as a cold compress.
- Use cucumber: Put slices of cucumber over the affected area in the eyes to get relief from eye allergies. Cucumbers possess anti-irritation properties and reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is an effective remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and the eyes become clear. You can use rose water as an eye drop or wash your eyes with it.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and provides relief to eye allergies. It accounts for soothing the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people most during the summer. They reoccur every year and give you a bad time. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are among the best remedies.
I have red eyes since the past 3 days. There is also a burning sensation and I cannot sleep due to this.
My mom is 60 years have bp & sugar. From past one year she had very low eye vision. Can I get her for eye operation ?
Hi, I am 22 years old, my eye site is 6.0 and I am using Purccon daily were contact lens science last 3 years (changing every year as my doctor suggested), I still didn't get any problem, but recently I start preparing for some competitive exams due to that I am wearing more than 15 hours, is it safe? How many hours per day one can wear daily wear contact lens?
1. Every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also, try to blink a lot.
2. Adjusting settings: Using a larger font to read helps to reduce eye strain. Adjusting your brightness helps, usually brighter screens are better in brighter rooms, dimmer screens are better in dark rooms.
3. Also, try to make your computer screen lower than your eyes. More of your eye is covered by your eyelid when you look down, so there will be more lubrication and you will subconsciously blink more.
4. Eating: A healthy diet prescribed by a registered dietitian will help you select foods rich in vitamin a and other nutrients for a healthy eye.
Do reply back if you need any help regarding foods to chose for your specific ailment.