Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh T.s
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh T.sYour feedback matters!
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer: People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease: According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity: People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol: High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders: In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have used all of medicines to remove my pimples and for these pimples my forehead are full of pimples mark so please tell me how I can rid of this marks and these pimples.
My skin has been dull and becoming so dark and dry. I have tried bio oil but after few days it was becoming more dark then I left it. Please suggest what should I do.
My hand is black from the half boy and from boy inner part of body is white. So whenever I wear sleeve less t shirt is's looking not gud. What I do for this.
I have white rounds on my face and neck, the white rounds disappear from one place and then appears on any other place in the face, how can it be cured, Is there any common medicine for that?
I read somewhere that anger anxiety stress can darken facial complexion. Before one month someone very close cheated me so badly I was totally disturbed And I was having a mixed feeling anger anxiety but now I realize that I should not waste my precious life for that person. So I want my confidence and Old myself back. I was not dark in complexion but from last One month my face looks so dark and dull I have dark circle also. If it is due to stress or anger than is there anything that could bring me my fare and bright skin back. I don't want any side effects of medicine so I would prefer some homeopathic treatment. please help it is very important for me to GEt my confidence back:)
Hello, I have got black marks/spots (those are not pimples but just some dry dots) which covers my back entire including some thigh areas and arms I have tried home meds but was not satisfying as it is spreading more. Having this issue since teenage. Help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Acne can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people are also affected.
Here are five things you probably did not know about acne:
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Menstrual cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Clogged pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over treating the skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Two weeks notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two-week thumb rule.