Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 23 years old female suffering from anal fissure I am using enzomac and cosklot plus tablets. My doubt is can I continue with same medication even during menstrual cycle.
Hello doctors, I have many questions about pimples. Actually I have not pimples but I want to know about dark spot after pimples and also holes there so is there any type of medical treatment to reduce that.
Hello doctor I.m.23 years old. Doctor I speak hindi because it is very comfortable. Meri 2 years ki ek baby h.and 2nd pregnancy aa gayi hai. 8 month v ho gayi. H.pehle. Pregnancy ke dauraan stretch marks mere pet. Me.ho. Gaya.and jab pet kam hua then loose skin ho gaya tha. pehle baby cesarean se hua aur niche silayi ka daag bhi ho. Gaya h.uske liye kya karu. Very black stretch marks in my tummy. What precaution should I do doctor.
No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Read on to find the real facts about sunscreen:
- Putting sunscreen on your skin once is enough to protect you throughout the day: Most people apply sunscreen only once before heading out of the house, and don't reapply it again throughout the entire day. Contrary to popular belief, this does not provide protection for the entire day as most sunscreens lose their effect with time. To ensure that your skin remains protected you need to reapply sunscreen once every 2 hours, and once every 40-80 minutes if you are engaging in activities like swimming and exercising.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or you are when indoors: Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
- Waterproof sunscreens won't wash off: Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply it at regular intervals if you are pursuing water sports like swimming or are the kind who washes their face frequently. When a sunscreen is typified as waterproof, it actually means that the composition of the sunscreen makes it suitable for functioning for a maximum of 1 hour and 20 minutes under water. Moreover, sunscreens containing a 'water-resistant' label can bear water immersion up to at most 40 minutes.
So, irrespective of whatever the label of the sunscreen mentions, you need to reapply sunscreen every hour to protect your skin effectively.
If a white spot is pointed on our face then what we have to do? What are the treatment to clear this spot from face?
Dear sir /madam My skin in belly side and under surround infection (red type) tell me any medicine name.
My neck is becoming black colour due to dirt. I had tried many times to clean. But its not going. What I hav to do?
I am 30 years old and I have recently get a food infection so my body is full of rashes so please kindly advice to me proper medication.
How can I remove sun tan from face ,neck and hands .naturally I have fairer skin but because of sun expose and not taken care of my skin properly thats why it darkens. Please prefer bos to get my old fair look.
I am having a skin problem that I am getting tan easily how to control tanning and make my skin glow . Please suggest something?
I am 28 years old have done chemical peels for a period of 4 months but didn't get rid of black spots. For getting clear skin what should I do?
I have more pimples and black spits and black marks. How I removed them and make my face clean and glowing. Please Tell me some medicines.
Full of my body seen black dots , some place is not much dark , mostly in open space , what treatment can I took to cure this.
I have got rid of the pimples. But the scars are still there. They're making my face look like a road. Any home remedies or creams can you suggest. That could help me get rid of those scars.?
The small, red itchy spots that appear on your skin during the hot summer months or after contact with hot temperatures are known as prickly heat, and cover areas of your body such as the neck, back, face, thighs and chest.
So, what causes this form of skin rash?
Prickly heat typically occurs when you sweat excessively, such as usually in a hot and humid environment. The heavy sweating along with the bacteria present on the skin and the dead skin cells causes the blocking of sweat glands. This results in the buildup of sweat underneath your skin and the characteristic bumps that you see. When these bumps burst open to release the sweat that is buildup within, it causes a prickly sensation, giving it its name.
Certain factors can also increase your chances of contracting prickly heat like:
- Being obese or overweight
- Sitting too close to a fire or heater
- Being dormant due to illness
- Wearing too much clothing
How to prevent it?
Heat rashes usually clear up on its own if the affected spot is kept clean and dry. However there are certain things that you can do to prevent it and these are:
1. Staying away from excessive heat and humidity - Heat and humidity are the main causes of heat rash. They cause you to sweat more alongside a worsening of your rash. Sitting in a shade or keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to prevent prickly heat rash from occurring.
2. Selecting the right clothes - Wearing cotton clothing in hot temperatures is one of the best ways to keep heat rash at bay. Cotton being a natural fiber doesn't trap the heat, compared to nylon and polyester fabrics.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated - Keeping your skin cool by sitting under the fan or in an air-conditioned room is another way of preventing itchy skin rash from occurring.
4. Avoid strenuous physical activity - Keeping yourself away from the strenuous physical activity of any kind can help in preventing excessive sweating. If you have to indulge in strenuous workouts, keeping yourself hydrated is a must to avoid instances of dehydration.