Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh S MYour feedback matters!
I having sex with my bf from last 2 year. In this 2 year I have taken 2 times i pill. 1 is on september 2015 n 2nd is on 10 march 2016. Is taking ipill is good for future? Any side effect for future pregnancy or marriage life or for baby? Please help.
Five disease women need to worry ---
1 heart disease
2 cervical cancer
3 anemia malnutrition
I have breast fibroadenoma since 3 yrs, I got surgery and took out two lumps from breast (right) but again within 1 years two lumps got sprouted. And I again visited doc so they told me to operate again but they doesn't take guarantee that it" ll not sprout up again, so in this case I told them is there any possible reason to uproot it but being only 28 years they disagreed to throw out the breast tissue and I am mum of one daughter. So, what to do doc please suggest me a suitable and fruitful advice?
I have one stethoscope at home and when put it on stomach I hear some sound through stethoscope .some sound comes from my stomach. I put stethoscope on my mom but didn't hear any sound is it normal or indicates some abnormalities.?
I am right now in sixth months pregnancy. I Often have severe back pain at night. In which posture should I sleep?
I am A 22 years old unmarried female I have had a problem of recurring Urinary Tract Infection but around 4 years back It was so severe that some of the doctors termed it as Pelvic Inflammatory disease which the gynecologist ruled out after performing the Per Rectal. I have had a lot of antibiotics but the situation didn't improve and the Urinary Tract Infection is still continuing also I have a very painful menstrual period which even leads to Vomiting and it won't stop till I don't get a pain killer injection Please help me out. I am also confused if I had Pelvic Inflammatory disease or not. If I didn't have it then why was it shown in the Ultrasound? Could it be due to the white discharge that I get when I have severe Urinary Tract Infection? Also my periods are irregular. Please provide me with a detailed answer.
I had sex with my boyfriend last month. My periods date was over. Still no response. I feels like something, headache,itching in vaginal area. No precautions I had taken. I can not understand why is it happening? Please tell me what to do?
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
It helps cure the common cold
The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
Aids in the production of digestive juices
Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
I had semen in my mouth, then I licked my wife's underwear near her vagina. Will this cause pregnancy?
I have never got my period on time and this month I missed it by almost 15 days and still didn't get it. Its making me v frustrated. I eat fruits mainly pomegranate, n anjeer n lots of greenies. I also took some iron tablets.. But still no change.. I'm told I'm anaemic.. But in spite of all this too, I never get them on time. Its becoming very annoying every month
Masturbation, which has always been a taboo subject, is slowly gaining attention as an issue that can be discussed openly.
In fact, there are several myths associated with masturbation which have been long held. Let's debunk these myths first. The following ideas about masturbation are not only untrue, they are also misleading.
Myth #1: It causes weaknesses
Myth #2: It causes loss of energy
Myth #3: It leads to Impotence
Myth #4: It may induce problem in future sex life or causes guilt
Myth #5: It can cause Nightfall
So what is the truth?
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well.
Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires. It helps them become more comfortable with their body and in tune with their own inner minds.
Here is how masturbation can lead to well-being
1. Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
2. Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
3. Masturbation also helps with PreMenstrual Syndrome: Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
4. Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
Related Tip: 8 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Masturbation