Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh.S.M
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh.S.MYour feedback matters!
Dr. Ramesh.S.M Feeds
Prostate size was 34 cc. Psa level was 9.73 on dated 19/02/19. & on dated 25/02/19 5.41 with psa free 0.32. On dated 07/03/19 psa was 3.88. Doctor advised me avoprost d 8 mg& duonem 300er. But feeling pain in lower back bone, hips,started from four days. Doctor treated as a bph with lots. Is my treatment in right direction or need any more diagnosis.
Hi Sir. M latha 23 years old kindly suggest me how to get rid with dark circles, m suffering this from so many days.
Hi I'm a 17 year old boy, and Ive got pimple marks and blackheads in my face I'm not used to all creams n all but I do lots of exercise n eat healthy foods, but still it's too slow?
My father is 65 years old. He has been suffering from athlete's foot fungus for last two years. Even after number of doctors treatment it's not cured. He isn't a diabetes patient n all the blood test conducted are also normal. So, please suggest some remedies.
Sir mere kamar aur back pe kala-kala daad ho gaya hai aur khujli bhi hoti hai. Sir kya kare kii thik ho jaye. and my Age 25.
The first drops of rain, the lush greenery, the landscapes all rain drenched - the monsoon makes it truly enchanting, bringing the best out of nature. While most of the people enjoy the monsoon, some people often end up being at the receiving end. The season can be quite punishing triggering a host of digestive and skin problems and infections. In this article, we will discuss some important tips to help keep your skin healthy and problem free during the monsoon.
Common dermatological problems synonymous with the monsoon:
The onset of monsoon may not be at all welcoming for the skin. With an increase in the humidity levels, fungal infections, intertrigo, ringworms, skin rashes, and irritation become inevitable. A study suggests that diabetic patients need to be extra careful as they stand a greater chance of suffering from skin infections and other related problems triggered by the monsoon. Mentioned below are some of the skin problems and infections that are often known to affect people during the monsoons:
- Eczema: It is a non-contagious dermatological condition characterized by skin inflammation, redness, and itchiness. The affected area of the skin also appears rough and cracked with the formation of blisters. Monsoon is known to act as a catalyst, aggravating the condition and the associated discomfort to a great extent. People with eczema or sensitive skin should be extra careful during the monsoon.
- Scabies: A contagious skin infection caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei (parasitic mites), scabies results in the appearance of a rash along with severe itching (which often worsens at night). The humidity and temperature fluctuations during the monsoons serve as a perfect environment for the mites to thrive. If left untreated, the condition will result in extreme discomfort.
- Athlete's foot: A contagious fungal infection that is known to affect the skin mostly around the feet, toenails (the fungus grows on the feet) causing itching and blisters formation. The affected skin and toenails appear rough, cracked, and at times, even discolored.
Effective measures to avoid the skin problems during the monsoon:
The following tips can go a long way to ward off the annoying the skin problems.
- Practice a good personal hygiene. Keep yourself and your clothes (especially under garments) clean.
- Keep yourself dry. Avoid staying in wet clothes for too long. Rain or no rain, keep a raincoat or an umbrella with you all the time.
- As some of the skin problems are contagious, one should avoid sharing their clothes and personal belongings with others.
- Your diet can also play a pivotal role in minimizing the incidences of skin infections. Avoid hot and spicy food. Instead, opt for more fruits (avoid mangoes, watermelon), vegetables, yogurt, almonds, garlic, brown rice, oats, to name a few.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Sip water (preferably purified or boiled) at regular intervals.
- The use of medicated soaps, antifungal and antibacterial creams and powder may be helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!