Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh.S.MYour feedback matters!
My skin is affected by sunlight. And gets black in color. Already my skin is black but due to Sun exposure it's gets too black. Please suggest me any fairness cream.
Pimples after disappearing left scars on my face and the affected area gets black coloured which I have from my teenage till now. My whole face has dark black patches including blackheads and pores on my face from which sticky substances come out.
Please suggest some home remedies to make my skin fair. As it is getting darker day by day. It looks very bad. Please suggest effective home remedies. Thank You.
This is Anshul from Jaipur, India and I want get 2 to 3 tones of fairer skin. Please tell me about pills or creams which has permanent effect.
My fathers age is 59 and his prostrate gland is increased to 66gms. Its very pain. What are the remedies.
The damaging effects of the sun, old age and acne can leave your skin with wrinkles, unwanted marks and several other skin disorders. If you are seeking to reverse these skin conditions and get rid of minor facial flaws, then laser skin resurfacing could be the answer. Laser skin resurfacingis a cosmetic procedure, which helps in rejuvenation of the skin and removing wrinkles, spots, blemishes and scars. It’s a safe and convenient procedure and provides great results.
Also known as skin resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and laser peel, laser skin resurfacing works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells is also stimulated. Undertaking this procedure can make the skin look smooth and young.
During the procedure, a laser is utilized, which dissolves the molecular bonding of the damaged cells. This is continued, layer by layer, until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more even and the damaged skin layers are peeled off.Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your desired requirement. Different devices are used for laser skin resurfacing and thus, the procedure can be divided into several types. The procedure type depends on the type of laser used.
The different types of lasers used are:
- CO2 lasers: This procedure is the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin surface becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser restricts collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are also used in the basic stages of cancer treatment.
- Erbium lasers: Erbium lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. It is not so powerful as CO2 lasers, but the process is much more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is usually carried out in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation is less. The healing period is short. These lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
- Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other two laser treatment methods. This procedure is non-invasive and much fewer side effects are experienced. A patient has to undergo several sessions on this therapy for full rejuvenation of the skin.
When to consider this process?
- If you have wrinkles in your face, especially around the mouth and eyes, and sagging skin in the lower eyelid area.
- If your face has blotchiness and age spots.
- If you have irregular colour tones on your face
- If you have scars and leathery skin
What is achieved?
A laser skin resurfacing enhances your skin’s smoothness and tightness. All kinds of facial lines, wrinkles and scars can be removed. The overall texture of the skin also improves, which is relatively long-lasting. Skin growths like moles and warts can also be removed using this procedure. Any kind of scar resulting due to a previous surgery can also be eliminated permanently.There are different modes of this type of skin resurfacing, and you can avail the best one that fits your requirement.