Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, m having hyperpigmented skin on my face below lips since I was 10 years and now m 22. What's the complete cure for this? Thank you.
My wife have a skin problem on her right hand. There are some dark rashes while going in sunlight. Kindly tell me some remedies.
My son is 8 yrs old. He is passing stool with blood streaks and small clots and having no any pain. This is happening once or less every two to three days.
Dr. please tell me health benefits of rose water can we use for dark circles under eyes how to use it.
I have brown skin tone and I want to lighter my skin tone upto 3-4 shades please suggest me the effective whitening treatment pills though which I can get desirable skin tone.
Sir, I have some rashes on my face I have tried some creams suggested by doctor but they did not work I want to remove them wht should I do.
My father had hemorrhoid surgery 45 days ago, since then he had pain and blood in stool. He was given various antibiotics and laxatives, sitz bath etc but they were not helping much. Finally someone recommended movicol. Since then his stool is soft and pain has reduced a bit but still it feels painful after bowel movements and while sitting etc. Also there is bleeding while bowel movements. His surgeon, after colonoscopy said since he had 5-6 nodes, both internal and external, so it is taking longer to heal after surgery. He recommended self dilation with size 4,5 and eventually 6 for a month so that anal canal looses out and stool does not rub much with walls, giving it time to heal. I want to know does dilation really help? He fear it would make scar bleed more due to forced stretching? Also how to get rid of pain, blood etc. He thinks initial part of his stool is hard which rubs off his anal walls, thus causing bleeding. Movicol makes rest of the stool soft but not initial part. My questions: 1: does filation help in increasing anal canal size or it makes wound worse? 2: how to make initial part of stool soft? 3: how to get rid of pain and bleeding? How long does it usually take in such cases? My dad is always sad and depressed due to this. Please help. Thanks.
I have done fue, fut but nothing seems to work. However I have heard that smp (scalp micro pigmentation) results are even better if one is ok with pigmentation on the bald area of the head. Request you to suggest reliable smp clinics in mumbai thanks and with regards.
My face and my hands have tanned probably because of the sun and the weather conditions. How to get fair? Please help.
My grand son has white spots on left hand. What should I do. He is 9 years old. Spots are on the skin.
Sir I have a problem. Some time pinworm comes out from my anus in night time. I took some medicines but still problem is there. Now physically so weakness feeling hoi. Digestion problem.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation-
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.