Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Reddy CYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering could and cough every month. Last 1 year I don't understand what should I do. I want to know the reason behind please help me.
I have had cold for almost a week now. What are some home remedies for treatment of cough. Also what should I do to avoid catching cough and cold?
I am 18 years old and I have cough since 15 days. Which is increasing day by day. I have tried various medicines but not working. So what should I do?
I have serious cough since 2 years. Please let me know how to cure it. I tried many tests but reports are good.
I have pain in neck shoulders am suffering from allergic bronchitis and not consuming any medicines for this. I have gastric problem eventhough having food on time. I am 30 years male and get urge for masturbation frequently. I dont know why?
My hearts starts breathing fast automatically for 10 to, 15 seconds because of which my lungs stop working for 5 to 8 seconds.
I have cold n cough from last 16 days and move over cough is creating much problem for me. What should I do?
I started smoking cigarette from 10th std now I have passed 2nd pu it's been 3 years and I almost smoke 2 in a day now I quite smoking I want to cure my lungs please help.
I feel breathless when I run even a 100 ft. My heart pumps rapidly as it going to burst. What's the reason. Sometimes I feel shortness in breathing while sleeping.
I am suffering from cough and Asthma, and also have knees problem and I am having so much of weakness and I am not able to sit. Please consult me what should I do to become healthy and so that cough is removed.
I have asthma and because this I have breathing problem so please suggest me ways to dove the problem.
I am a sinus person and I also have allergies. Sneezing and allergies always bothered me My question is how to prevent from allergies?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.