Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Reddy CYour feedback matters!
My father 55 yes old getting cough attacks frequently this days and he gets unconscious while coughing and does not remember what had happened when he fainted. What is the solution for dis.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last three weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough very hard. Can you suggest what should be done now?
She is suffering from sinus. Is there any kind of medicine that stops sinus for permanently? Plzz help me for this.
I want to keep my throat in good condition always because I am learning vocal music. What precautions to be done ? I have suffered from cough problem often.
Sir I have a cousin brother who is having problem in breathing since last two year so what should I do. Please reply.
Hi everytime i blow my nose it bleeeds and i have asthma already .I just hope its not cancer kindly let me know what can i do to stop it
I feel something harsh in my neck since last one week. Slightly Dry cough also gets started since last 2 days. I thought it might be normal but I have no cold and all. Please suggest.
Radiotherapy is a kind of treatment that kills the cancer cells by using high energy beams. Specialists use radiotherapy to treat a wide range of lung cancer. For early stage lung cancer, the radiotherapy may get rid of the cancer totally. For the small cell lung cancer you may have radiotherapy only. Then again you may have it with another treatment, for example, chemotherapy or surgery.
For small cell lung cancer, radiotherapy is used with or after chemotherapy. Chemotherapy makes the tumor in the lung shrink. You may have radiotherapy to your cerebrum, which tackles any cancer cells that may have spread to the brain. This is called prophylactic cranial illumination (PCI). In case of advanced lung cancer, the treatment contracts the tumor and controls it for a while. It additionally decreases symptoms like shortness of breath.
The types of radiotherapy used for the lungs include:
Outer radiotherapy: This kind of radiotherapy comes from a machine and is administered to the body through an external source. It depends on the kind of cancer and the progression of the same. You may have three radiotherapy sittings every day for around 12 days. This sort of radiotherapy is known as CHART ceaseless hyperfractionated quickened radiotherapy. A few people with small cell lung cancer may have treatment twice a day. If you are getting radiotherapy to control the side effects of lung cancer, you may have a single treatment or day by day medications for up to 3 weeks.
Inner radiotherapy: This is called brachytherapy or endobronchial treatment. This will be administered during a bronchoscopy. The radiation is given through a thin tube that the specialist puts inside your aviation route for a few of minutes. Specialists use this sort of treatment to shrink a tumor that is blocking or pushing your breathing track and making breathing troublesome for you.
These are some of the procedures that take place while you are having lung cancer radiotherapy:
- Radiotherapy machines are enormous. The machines are fixed in one position or are sometimes ready to go around your body to give treatment from various angles.
- Prior to your first treatment, your radiographers will clarify what you will hear and see. The treatment room normally have docks for you to connect to music players. So you can listen to your own choice of music.
- You cannot feel radiotherapy when you really have the treatment. It takes anything from one second to a few minutes. It is essential to lie similarly situated every time, so the radiographers may take a short time to get you prepared.
- Once you are in the right position, the staff will allow you to sit in the space for a couple of minutes. They watch you constantly on a closed circuit TV screen. They may request that you hold your breath or take shallow breaths during the treatment.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am having cough and cold for last 3 weeks, I have consulted a doctor but even after taking medicine I am not getting relief. Please help.
I drank cold water yesterday. Normally I am used to drink cold water but since today morning my tonsils are paining a lot. And I am also having body ache. I ate paracetamol 500mg but its not working. What should I do now? please suggest me any other medications.
Hello doctors I am 20 years old and I have dry cough within 15 days ago. I take a cough syrup but I it nothing give me suggestions. thanks.
Hi I have cough and it happens every year as weather changes. From winter to summer. Can you give me some suggestions.
Sir lagbhag 5 din se mere gale me eak ganth si bni huee hai usme kafi pain hota h kabhi kabhi mujhe lagta h kahin ye tonsil to nhi but kabhi kabhi dar bhi laga rhta h aap hi batao main kya karun.
Most uncontrolled asthmatics think they are controlled
Two thirds of patients with uncontrolled asthma think that their disease is well under control. Asthmatics on proper medicines can not only live a normal life but also reduce their future complications.
Uncontrolled asthmatics invariably end up with complications related to right heart due to persistent lack of oxygenation in the blood.
Dr Eric van Ganse, of University of Lyon, France, in a study published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, examined 1,048 subjects with inadequate asthma control. When asked how they would rate their asthma control over the past 14 days, over 69 percent considered themselves to be completely or well controlled. Failure to perceive inadequate asthma control was more likely to be found in patients between the ages of 41 and 50 years.
The reasons are:
Most asthmatics fail to perceive their level of disease control and with an uncontrolled state they often feel that their asthma is under control.
In severe asthma, low blood oxygen levels might impair a person’s ability to assess their own breathing difficulty.
The notion of asthma control seems poorly understood by asthmatic patients.
Mild to moderate asthma limits the activities of a person and over a period of time they take that as their normal limits.