Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh R KYour feedback matters!
I am diabetics patient from 16 years now my age is 47 and i have B p high from 4 year.Please suggest
Sir I am serving in high altitude area after checking of CBC, cholesterol and uric acid it is found that Hb is 18.8, cho 233 and uric acid 8.5 what may cause and remedies.
I am a 38 years age, suffering from diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. pls tell me what can be done.?
Respected sir my mother is having swelling in leg and feet and her left arm is also not working properly. Her uric acid is 6.1 mg and ESR is 24mm. She is 41 years old. Please let me know what is the main reason behind this swelling.
Hi. Meri skin bahut dry ho rahi kuchh 4-5 saal se thyroid hua h me medicines bhi le rahi hu. Meri skin k baarey me kucch btaye aap exes dryness h aur glow bhi nhi h forehead and checks par pigmention bhi ho gye h dark circles bhi h plzz help bhi. Mene Dr. Ko bhi dikhya unhone pigmention k liye treatment bhi kiya but frk nhi pada. Me kya kya kru. Ap koi Acha sa effective sunscreen bhi btaye mujhe plzz.
I am a Diabetic patient levels are normal. My Creatine level is 1.77 n Potassium level is also high -5.5, What medicines or diet I should take to bring down my levels.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My daughter is a type 1 diabetic patients. She is getting low most of the time .in that condition she is eating sweets and even drinking glucose and juices. But yet sugar level is not increasing. What should be done to increase the sugar level.
In right hand there is sensation almost at every night & lot of pain dr says it is due to inflamation ,diabetic patient ,65 year age suggest medicine.
Dear Sir, five months back I got chest pain I consult doctor he told me it was anxiety after ECG and he assist me to do tsh test ,my value was 7.1 and he given 25 tablet. I took for 2 months and again I checked for tsh my value increased to 7.2 I consult another doctor he told me to take dose 50 levothyroxine, after 15 days I went for test in another doctor the value was 2.80 tsh and he suggested me to use 25 levothyroxine, after three months again I checked with same doctor my value got increased to 4.9 tsh. What I have to do please suggest me. How I can diagnose from this problem as I study in internet I don't have any complication that mentioned for hypothyroidism.
Sir /madam I am 33 years old male. I have blood checkup results are as follows. Total bilirubin (diazo method) 1.1 direct-0.2 indirect 0.9 mg/dl fasting blood glucose (hexokinase method) - 104 mg /dl post lunch blood glucose (hexokinase method) - 147 mg /dl does it mean diabetes? kindly suggest. Best regards
Hello doctor I am Mishri I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from diabetes problem so what should I do.
What is Diabetic Nephropathy?
Diabetic nephropathy (Diabetic Kidney Disease) is defined as the progressive damage to the kidneys caused by diabetes. It is characterised by the scarring of the glomeruli in the kidneys due to prolonged diabetes mellitus.
What Causes Diabetic Nephropathy?
Diabetes is a condition characterized by high concentration of blood sugar. Although the cause of Diabetes Nephropathy is not yet well defined, it is likely that the high sugar levels in the blood damage the blood vessels present in the kidneys that help to filter waste products, thus resulting in decreased kidney function and ultimately, kidney failure.
Not everyone with diabetes suffers from diabetic nephropathy. Although, factors that can increase your chances of getting diabetic neuropathy are-
Poor control of blood glucose
High blood pressure
History of kidney diseases
What are the symptoms of diabetic nephropathy?
In the early stages, there may be no symptoms at all, but as the disease progresses, you may notice swelling in the extremities like your feet. Thus it is recommended to get your blood albumin levels tested on a regular basis. If it is diagnosed in early stages, the damage can be reversed. Other symptoms that can indicate damage to the kidneys are-
Lack of appetite
Itchiness of skin
General feeling of illness
Diagnostic tests that can confirm diabetic nephropathy are-
Routine urine test (urinalysis) - Kidney diseases are detected by the presence of a protein in the urine called albumin and this condition is called albuminuria. Other parameters that must be regularly monitored are-
Cholesterol levels in your blood
How can you treat/ manage diabetic nephropathy?
If this type of nephropathy is diagnosed in the early stages, the damage to the kidneys can be reversible. The key to managing diabetic nephropathy are-
Diet: Reduce the dietary intake of salt, phosphorous and potassium in the advanced stages.
Glycemic Control: Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly
Management of Hypertension: It is important to manage your blood pressure as it can have a direct effect on the coronary blood vessels which in turn pump blood to the various blood vessels of the body
Renal Replacement Therapy: In chronically ill patients, renal replacement therapy is the best option. This can include haemodialysis (a procedure to flush out toxins from the blood, such as urea), peritoneal dialysis or ultimately renal transplantation.