Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
Mai pichle 7 ya 8 varsh pagan aur gutka khata hu mere tonsil ya gale me hamesa dard rahta hai Kay karan hai banana chahata hu.
Hi I have sarcoidosis since 3 years, treated with medrol from 16 mg now with 2 mg after taking treatment of 2 years still having slightly cough and continuous mucous in throat any suggestions please hence Dr. said you can eat anything nothing food to be avoided. Online study shows it can be cure self without taking medicine but don't have exact time to cure please suggest how to rid with this problem.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis.
I want to know what IgTg Forte capsules do. I consulted doctor yesterday for cold, cough and whenever season changes this problem comes to me. So the doctor said that there is some problem in my tonsils or throat. So he gave suggestion about IgTg Forte. Help me because these are costly and doctor said to me to continue it for 7 months.
Best medicine for throat pain and coughing. Since I slept with open window and it was raining very hard. So, I caught cold.
I am suffering from dry cough and had a chest pain since last 4 days and also have a headache and stomachache too. Can you please suggest me what to do in this situation?
I'm 44 year teetotaler male, diagnosed with sarcoidosis last year in may. Currently not on medication for this ailment. Sleep for about 6 hrs but when I get up my whole back hurts very badly. This happened last summers also but was fine during the winters. Never had this issue prior to last year. Using a hard coir mattress.
Hi sir i am 22 yr old . I have sinusitis.when I was 15 yrs I tried all medicine ayurveda allopaty homeopaty unani. I want a get rid of it.Please do help.
My 21 month old daughter is suffering with mild fever, coughing, sneezing from yesterday. Fever is around 100-101 degree. Giving her grenil syrup, ambrodil. Kindly advice me. Should I give her antibiotic.
Sir. Mujhe 1 year se cough aa raha he or gale me hi bana rehta he. Or jaise thaska lagta he to fata cough bahar aata he. White color me. Or maine bahut medicine li he magar koi fayda ni. Please suggest me sir. .
I am patient of Asthma and daily at winter season I feel attack of asthma. So please suggest what can I do for relief?
Sir, I have heavy cough prob and chest inefection also some time very tough to breeth also now on doctor reffer mucinac600 is best I have side effect of sulpha content medicien it is useful to me having this tablet or any other remdy for asthama problems.
I have always infection in my throat and cough in my throat becoming some yellowish type of bad smell cough what should I do?
I am 46 year male, continuously having cough for the past 6 months, all tests have been taken , no remedy.Please do help
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.