Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son who is 5 years has trouble controlling his bladder. Cannot wait till going to the bathroom most of the time and also wets his bed if not woken up once or twice to use the bathroom. Can I do something to help him?
I have two children; soo, How much the calories should be required for the children between age of fifteen to twenty.
My 3 year daughter have severe constipation problem. I have done lots of treatment to her. Allopathy, homeopathic, home based all. Still not getting my relieving. Khane main khush khas nai day daliya, dal, roti. She don't want to take any fruit. Please help.
Hi .my baby is one year old now. Recently I stopped my feeding then I took tablet for to stop milk secretions. Now I wish to feed again for baby. How I can increase my milk supply?
My wife had Cesarean, her is inverted nipple, baby can't suck milk, We used breast pump, but milk not coming. Sometimes will get about 30 to 40 ml, which food should she eat to increase milk.
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
My son has 2 and half months old. Mother milk feeding baby he is. How much amount of water must needed this baby per a day? He is suffering with constipation. What should we do now.
My daughter is 9 years old. Whatever she eat after some time its come out from her mouth. Again she chewing that one. Can you please help me out.
Migraine is a complex disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of a headache, most often unilateral and in some cases associated with visual or sensory symptoms collectively known as an aura that arise most often before the head pain but that may occur during or afterward . Migraine is most common in women and has a strong genetic component.
Signs and symptoms
Typical symptoms of migraine include the following:
1.Throbbing or a pulsatile headache, with moderate to severe pain that intensifies with movement or physical activity
2.Unilateral and localized pain in the frontotemporal and ocular area but the pain may be felt anywhere around the head or neck
3.Pain builds up over a period of 1-2 hours, progressing posteriorly and becoming diffuse
4.Headache lasts 4-72 hours
5.Nausea (80%) and vomiting (50%), including anorexia and food intolerance, and light-headedness
6.Sensitivity to light and sound
Features of migraine aura are as follows:
1.May precede or accompany the headache phase or may occur in isolation
2.Usually develops over 5-20 minutes and lasts less than 60 minutes
3.Most commonly visual but can be sensory, motor, or any combination of these
4.Visual symptoms may be positive or negative
5.The most common positive visual phenomenon is the scintillating scotoma, an arc or band of absent vision with a shimmering or glittering zigzag border
Physical findings during a migraine headache may include the following:
*Cranial/cervical muscle tenderness
*Horner syndrome (ie, relative miosis with 1-2 mm of ptosis on the same side as the headache)
*Tachycardia or bradycardia
*Hypertension or hypotension
*Hemisensory or hemiparetic neurologic deficits (ie, complicated migraine)
*Adie-type pupil (ie, poor light reactivity, with near dissociation from light)
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment cures this malady completely since it goes to the root of the disease and removes this tendency permanently.
Some of Homoeopathic remedies used for treating migraine are Belladonna,Spigelia,Sanguinaria,Glonoine,Natrum mur,Phosphorus, Tuberculinum, Iris versicolor,medicine should be strictly selected based on symptom similarity only to get permanent cure.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.