Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh P KYour feedback matters!
I have piles since 2013. I had taken so many medicine consult with different proffser but still now it is not curable. Give me suggestions how to solve piles problem.
Dear doctor, I'd like to know that is there is any problem, if the esr rate remains high persistently.
Hello, I'm eating a full day meals but not chewing properly which people says that we have to chew 35 to 40 times. i'm only chewing it 10 or 15 times and then swallow directly. So kindly suggest me it's good or bad for health.
Sir, I try to follow a scheduled routine even after I don't feel like to eat properly help me by suggesting the solution.
I always drink a juice which is a mixture of tomato, ginger, n lemon. And 500 ml water. I want to ask tomato seeds are included in that juice so I hope there is no. Side effects of tomato seeds. please tell me. There is problem or not.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry, but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food is the reason behind it being called as 'unhealthy'. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals, juices, health drinks, pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are
- Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices: Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
- Limit caffeine intake: Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
- Eat more complex carbohydrates: Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
- Restrict salt intake: Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
- Exercise: Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
- Limit processed food intake: Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I have pain in the side of my penis (slight pain) only when I press it. I do masturbation twice a day. Through this online help doctor has advised me, Natural home remedy using asparagus powder and milk: 1. Take 2 tsp Indian asparagus powder 2. Add 1 cup milk 3. Boil the mixture for 10 min 4. Drink 2 times every day. Will this help? Suggest me any other remedy if any and is this a normal issue or a serious issue. please tell me.
Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I am suffering from fever and cough problem for last two days. What should I do?
I am a student. I have some digest problem. Whatever I eat I can't digest it properly. For this reason my weight is only 47kg. So what type of exercise and meal will help me to gain weight fast and also digest properly?
My penis size is very smal wanna increase it and I am not able to have long time sex if possible please suggest a doctor in bangalore near by basaveshawarnagar.
Sir good afternoon I am suffering from homosexuality to 15 years he always press my Brest and sucking nipples so for they are some develop like 14 years girls I feel frustrate at many momentum after this story was closed I face heart attack and angioplasty successfully done use of stunt at Nagpur so please guide me which is appreciate for me to nipples and breast.
What is acidity?
Acidity is a group of symptoms that is caused by excess acid that is produced by the gastric glands present in the stomach. Gastric or hydrochloric acid is produced naturally in the stomach. This helps in digestion and breaking down of food. Excess production of this acid is triggered due to acidic foods, dehydration, alcohol and stress, thus giving rise to acidity.
In case of acidity, the excess acid moves up from the stomach to the food pipe. Uncomfortable symptoms include heaviness, sour taste in the mouth along with burning sensations in the throat or stomach.
Causes of acidity:
- Binge eating.
- Consuming food stuff like chocolates, fatty food, spicy food, non-vegetarian food and coffee.
- Smoking, tobacco chewing, alcohol.
- Intake of medicines like aspirin, antibiotics, NSAIDs.
- Stress and depression.
- GERD (Gastro oesophageal reflux disease), peptic ulcer
How does homeopathy address this issue?
The homeopathic mode of treatment offers a complete cure of acidity with natural medicines. Homeopathic medicines for acidity are effective in treating both acute and chronic cases of acidity. The various antacids prescribed in the conventional mode offer only a temporary relief, while homeopathic treatment promises to give a permanent cure for acidity. Homeopathic medicines help in strengthening the sphincter at the junction of the oesophagus and stomach. This prevents the reflux of acid stomach contents into the oesophagus and throat, thus aiding in establishing a cure of acidity.
It is a popular system of medicine which follows a holistic approach without any side effect. Homeopathy addresses the underlying causes of the symptom so that the administration of a remedy can stimulate the individual’s immune system and hence, aid the body in healing itself. When an appropriate medication for the treatment of acidity is chosen, every aspect of the patient should be taken into consideration.
Homeopathy, being a non-toxic form of medication, can be very useful for treating acidity. Some of the medications are discussed below:
- Carbo Veg: It is one of the most common homeopathic medications that is used to treat gas that is formed inside the stomach during a bout of acidity.
- Natrum Carb: This can be used be used to relieve the acidity resulting from reactions occurring in the food pipe. A calculated dosage of “natrum carb” helps in calming down the reactions that take place in the food pipe and thus, relieves you from the resulting discomfort.
- Nux Vomica: This is a popular homeopathic medication that is used to address various forms of stomach ache, including pains resulting from acidity.
- Arsenicum album: This is used to treat symptoms such as a burning sensation in the stomach along with the food moving up to the oesophagus. This burning pain is felt all along the food pipe right up to the throat.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Acidity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.