Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh.kaulugud
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh.kaulugudYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female. Suddenly I got beaten on my throat on one side. I felt the pain up to my stomach. Now there is a slight fever and pain in my throat.
I am suffering from running nose and bad headache, at the same time it seems body is getting hot and throat is paining a bit. And I hate medicine, is there any hone remedies for this? My brother told me ,may be this is because of climate change.
My ears are paining nowadays while using headphones. What happened? Whether I was affected by ear ache or any other serious infection?
I am having a throat infection since 7 months and after consulting a doctor I was suggested to get a test. The report on'throat swab for routine culture' says: normal pharyngeal flora grown in culture after 48 hours of incubation at 37degree c. Please help me out in knowing what to do now.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem.
It is a common phenomenon in children and adults alike. Most ear infection results in discharge from the ear. This ear discharge is medically known as otorrhea, and it is any fluid that comes out of the ear, mainly in the form of pus.
1. Most of the time, any fluid leaking out of an ear is ear wax.
2. A ruptured eardrum can cause a white, slightly bloody, or yellow discharge from the ear. Dry crusted material on a child's pillow is often a sign of a ruptured eardrum. The eardrum may also bleed. Causes of a ruptured eardrum include:
- Foreign object in the ear canal
- Injury from a blow to the head, foreign object, very loud noises, or sudden pressure changes (such as in airplanes)
- Inserting cotton-tipped swabs or other small objects into the ear
- Middle ear infection
- Other causes of ear discharge include:
3. Eczema and other skin irritations in the ear canal
While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Ear Drops: There are antibiotic ear drops, and there are antiseptic ear drops. Antibiotic ear drop will dry your ear and stop the discharge in your ear. It mainly kills the bacteria that have caused the infection. There are certain side-effects of using antibiotic ear drops, which include dizziness, itching in the ear, earache or yeast infection. However, these side-effects are extremely mild and go away as soon as you stop using the antibiotic drops. The antiseptic ear drops are not as effective as the antibiotic ear drops, and hence, these aren’t used that much to treat any infection.
- Antibiotic Tablets: Antibiotic tablets are also an option to treat ear infections, but again these are not that effective as the antibiotic ear drops have proven to be.
- Surgical procedures: An operation called myringoplasty or tympanoplasty is conducted to repair the hole in your eardrum which has been discharging the pus. This operation has a greater chance to improve your hearing abilities. Doctors resort to this option only when your infection cannot be treated by ear drops.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- The discharge is white, yellow, clear, or bloody.
- The discharge has lasted more than 5 days.
- The discharge is the result of an injury.
- There is a loss of hearing.
- There is severe pain.
- The discharge is associated with other symptoms, such as fever or headache.
- There is redness or swelling coming out of the ear canal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have sinus problem. I can't even breathe or speak. I use flomist nasal spray for few days and it becomes better but it reoccur after few days. How can I avoid that? I am 33 male.
I have sinus problem and from a year I am using home medicine. As I was using that medicine I am feeling that my nervous not working properly. Is it only my feeling or medicine impact.
Good morning I am DR Rajput, Pulmonologist. I deal with the respiratory disease which include Asthma, COPD and sleep apnea. The sleep disorder, sleep apnea is very common these days. People snore and they do not know that they have a disease.
I am going to talk about, "Why do people snore and how it affects your health?"
You know the structure. We breath through nose and we eat through mouth. There is a pasaage in the neck behind the tongue where the food and the air we inhale pass through it. But when we sleep, our posture changes due to which muscles get relaxed and makes the passage narrow. Then the tongue drops and makes it further narrow. If you are over weight, due to the neck fat, the passage gets further narrow. So, when the air passes through the narrow passage, it produces snoring. The stage beyond snoring when the two valves in the neck meet each other, the air flow stops and cause Apnea. When the air flow stops, the oxygen level in the body goes down, the brain gets aroused and sends the signal to these muscles and then you ultimately snot and this snotting opens the passage a bit. So, this repeatedly occur in the night and this results in oxidative stress. BEcause 1/3rd of your life, you are sleeping, i.e, 8 hours out of 24 hours.
So, during sleep, if the air flow is less which is called Hypopnea, the air flow stops is called Apnea. This leads to Endothelial dysfunction, which leads to High blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems.
So, it is important to know about Sleep Apnea and its relation to lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cardio vascular diseases.
The diagnosis is very simple these days which is Polysomnography. It is a sleep study in which we record the brain EEG, EOG, EMG, air flow, snoring, oxygen saturation ECG. This gives an index which is called Apnea Hypopnea Index. If the Index is more than 5 than you have to be treated.
The commonest treatment which is available these days is the CPAP Therapy. CPAP is a very simple therapy. There is a mask which fits on the nose and it is connected to a hose pipe to a machine. The machine gives pressure to the air and this pressure splints this air way and the air flow is maintained. Oxygenation maintains, snoring stops and oxidative stress dissapears. This helps in controlling blood pressure, the diabetes become normal and the risk of cardio vacular problems decreases.
Thank you very much for listening to me.
If you want to consult us, come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.