Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh. K. RYour feedback matters!
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
My son was just complete 3 years, last few days he is suffering itching his toe we have consult a child specialist and the doctor give a ointment cream for relief itching but have not got any relief. What should we do now?
Meri baby 3 years ki he uske liye weight chart and height chart bataiye .aur under weight rahega aur height kaa hogi to kya karna chahiye please send ans.
My son is 4 months old.. My question is regarding average sleeping hours for this age babies.. My son sleeps 13-14 hours (approximately) a day.
My son is about 8 years old. He is very good in gymnastics, taekwondo, sports etc. Very active. But he is thin. I want him to put on more weight and become little chubby. Please suggest some good food, nutrients, etc so that he puts on some weight. Thanks.
My baby s 1 month 15 days old nw.. he hiccups very often.. n dat pertains more dan half hours sometimes.. is dis a normal activity??
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
Good Morning, My daughter is 6+ months old now. From yesterday she has the body temperature of 37. 8 deg. C (100. 2F) to 38. 5deg. C (101. 3F) when checked orally. Is this a sign of fever? If so then What do to as a preliminary action. She is still active, but crying often. One more question is whether it is advisable to take 6 months baby to cinema theater along with us. I fear the loud sound & light may put adverse effect on her. Please suggest.
Swine flu effected and mylieties effect for a 5 year old boy. Due to breathing problem, ventilator Arranged. How to control breathing problem?
She is weeping since her birth we have done all medical test which is good but when we give her painkiller (superspas) she remains quite for sometime so please give me suggestion what I do for my baby to control her weeping.
Hi. My baby is 15 months old and largely depends upon milk. If we give him something solid he spits that out or sometimes puke. Somehow we have managed to give him cerelac once a day. My concern is if this routine is ok or what can I do. Also he has grown his front teeth only.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.