Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Sexual dysfunction is broadly defined as the inability to fully enjoy sexual intercourse.
The disorder must be deemed to have caused significant distress. In addition to the existing specifiers of lifelong vs acquired
Pregnant women can eat mushroom recipes ?If yes please tell me clearly. Coz I heard it is very heat producing vegetable content.
Hi. I think I am pregnant. I have done the test twice and the results were positive. But today morning there was light bleeding. What should I do?
My period is not coming regularly. I had usg done n doc said there is no problem. My ovaries are good. She said it may be due to hormonal changes. What should I do for this? What is the reason for this?
My periods fall on 13-14 every month. This month we did intercourse on 6th of september we took no protection and also I was virgin. Now on my periods I am having heavy blood flow. What problem is this and is there chance of getting pregnant?
I am 26 years old female. according to Lmp I am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant. Scan reports 6 weeks 3 days of gestation. Fetal heart rate is 101bpm. Is this fhr is low. Wil my pregnancy end in miscarriage.
I am pregnant. Nd from the 3rd month of pregnancy I am suffering from the acidity problem. Now my 5th month of pregnancy is going on. Please give me your advice.
I am 25 years old my periods are irregular from stat some time 15 days late and some time perfect time or 2 to 3 months I had a baby girl 1. 5 years old she was born 2. 7 kg. Is this affect my second child.
I married. Already 7 years passed. But from last few years my Ms. less interested may be you say nil intended in intercourse. Which is very stressed me.
After viral fever pot of weakness in my wife body, face looking dark and lose glow, pain in her legs. And she is pregnant so during pregnancy can women take homeopathic alfalfa tonic.
● Wake up early, preferably by brahma muhurat (4 am)
● Complete your daily activities without any worries
● Brush your teeth with herbal sticks like khadir
● Have 1 tsp of triphala powder with cows ghee and honey
● Apply natural kajal (surma) in both the eyes
● Instill 2 drops of sesame oil in both nostrils
● Gargle well with hot water
● Massage whole body with warm herbal oils like Kshirbala tailam
● Practice Yoga, Pranayam, Meditation & Omkar chanting
● Exercise well, but rest when you get exerted
● Have bath with herbal ubtan & warm water
● Drink hot or boiled water
● Have warm fresh meals regularly on time
● Have dinner before 7 pm
● Go off to bed early and have a peaceful sleep
I m 23 years. Since 2 period cycles I have been experiencing very light bleeding. My periods last fr 2-3 days. I got my periods when I was 14 and ever since it had been v irregular. However, since last 6 months my periods became very regular all by itself and the bleeding lasts fr 5 days. Then what is the reason for sudden short n light periods? Had a scan in sept 2015 that showed polycystic appearing ovaries (I have not taken any treatment fr that Till now) A blood test in august 2015 which showed v low levels of vit D n b12. Thyroid - normal. Taking supplements fr vitamin def. I will do any other reqd test. And I know a doc can give precise ans after a test is done. But I just read on the net that scanty n light periods often indicate major health prob. Is it true? Thank you.
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.
Are you pregnant and wondering whether is it okay to continue having sex? If you are having a normal pregnancy, it is fine to keep on having sex until your water breaks or you are going into labour. However, there are some circumstances where you may have to modify your sexual activities or avoid having sex.
Does sex during pregnancy harm your baby?
Your baby is not hurt, if you have sex during pregnancy. The amniotic sac and strong muscles of the uterus keep the baby protected. The thick mucus plug sealing the cervix guards the baby from infections.
Does sex during pregnancy trigger labour?
In the case of a normal and low risk pregnancy, there are no such risks as sexual stimulation cannot start labour or lead to a miscarriage. Some mild uterine contractions may occur because of an orgasm, but they are quite harmless and temporary.
The best sexual positions during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you should experiment in order to find out the sexual positions which are most comfortable for you. Finding a suitable sexual position is hard because of the growing belly.
- The missionary position becomes quite tough as your pregnancy develops and is impossible to carry out during late pregnancy. If you try this position during your first trimester of pregnancy, you should wedge a pillow under you. This should be done so that your position is not tilted and you do not lay flat on your back. Your partner should make sure not to put any pressure or support on your abdomen.
- Oral sex is considered to be safe during pregnancy, but there are certain limitations. Licking is okay, but blowing into your genital area should be abstained from. Forcing air into the vagina may lead to an air embolism. This can be harmful for your developing baby.
- It is not safe for you to indulge in oral sex with your partner during pregnancy, if he has oral herpes. If your partner has got oral herpes, you should completely abstain from having sex during the third trimester of pregnancy, even though he does not show symptoms.
In case you are not sure of your partner’s HIV status, you should use a dental dam or a sheet of latex for placing between your genitals and partner’s mouth. You should take suggestions and tips from a doctor to know more about sex during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.