Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
How to become fair. I want to become as I have wheatish skin. Please wat should I do daily to get fair skin. Is amla syrup is gud to drink? Kindly suggest.
My friend recently recovered from chicken pox but he is having heavy spots on his face and body are there any ways to get rid of them.
I am suffering from melasma on both cheeks and black spots due to pimples so pls suggest me some cream to cure melasma and black spots. I shall be thankful to you.
Actually, since last two weeks I have been noticing a little white patch on my skin which is lighted than my skin tone. I have also consulted a dermatologist but I am still worried about it. My doctor suggested me the candid cream and said there was nothing to worry about and it could be just a yeast infection on my skin or due to sunburn. Now my question is that, actually everyday I apply Multani matti on my face to keep my skin fresh. Can I apply the candid cream after using the face pack only on the affected areas? And also, using candid cream is right? Please provide me some quicker and fast effective tips to help with these patches. Please.
Hi, I have dark patches under my thighs, beside my genitals. Is there any effective ointment that can lighten the patches with no side effects.
I am 21 years old. N my body skin is bright but face skin is becoming dull n dull. So wt should I do?
I am so frustrated from pimples and it's dark marks also. I have dandruff also. One pimple comes everyday. What's the reason behind this and what should I do?
In childhood my skin was fair and healthy .but with growing age my skin is getting darker, please help I am male. Age-21.
For oily or acne prone skin gel base sunscreen may be used
For dry skin or old age cream base may be used
It should be broadspectrum
For swimming water resistant sunscreen labeled
For children physical sunscreen containing znoxide. Can be used
Use it half hour before leaving
Use it every 2hours
Few minutes of sun exposure are enough to cause sun damage
Use it inside the car also
Actually it is for my grand mother who is 55 years old. Her problem is that blood falls in stool. What food should eat and should not eat for it?
I have many problems in my face. Many wrinkles and spots are in the face. I am very depressed face lokkind dull pls advice me.
I have sun burn very frequently and my skin become tam under sunlight is there any medicine to avoid it?
My friend told me that some times he practice burning sensation while having a bowel movement and also some times he feels that anal opening area is swelled slightly. What medicine he should take for the remedy of the same? Tysm.
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.