Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
What is the treatment for stone in gallbladder. Is there a operation to take out the stone from gall bladder without removing the gall bladder and the size is 24mm.
Continuous dull pain on the right lower side and front side. USG shows left uteric stone 5.5 mm about 2.5 cm from U bladder junction: left ureter 1cm approx back flow. Simple cyst 1.1X 1.2 cm in the right kidney. Both kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder and liver normal. Prostratate size normal. Bladder normal. Xray revealed : Oestopania noted. Early OA changes of facet joints seen.
I have upper abdomen pain from 2 years. It always remain slowly but get severe once in 2 or 3 months at night. I get treatment for gastric which is found after endoscopy and nothing has found in ultrasound except fatty liver gade1. Medicine which give relief are antacid, pantop D,.Please give me advice, any treatment and tell me something about my problem that what is actual problem in stomach because it happens continuous more than 2 years.
Hello. My wife has 4mm stone in Gallbladder. Is it harmful if she is willing to get pregnant? Please help.
Hello doctor! I am 33 years old. I started drinking in 2007 and continued till July 2016. It was mostly on weekends or in parties. Now I want to quit drinking completely. I am suffering from acidity and that is the only problem which I am facing. I want to know doctor if I quit drinking now then will I be safe in future or is there any chance of any dangerous disease in future. Please doctor suggest what is beneficial for me. Thanks a lot Sir.
When I take my lunch in the afternoon when my stomach is is nearly 3/4 full fluid comes from my nostrils like having a cold and at that I have to wipe it off and stop eating. What syndrome is this.
Gall bladder stones can be painful. Until and unless it is surgically removed and cured from within, the pain continues to hinder daily life. The good news is that there are ways by which pain from gall bladder stones could be managed.
Here is a list of quick, easy-to-follow remedies to counter the pain.
- Heat Pack: Applying a heat pack or hot water bottle on to the stomach making sure that the heat is directly passed on to the gall bladder can give instant relief from the pain. The heat should be applied at an interval of half an hour and a layer of cloth should be placed in between the skin and the heat pack.
- Over the counter medicine: In most cases, over the counter pain relief meds can make the pain go away. NSAIDs should be avoided until and unless suggested by the doctor. A pain relief medicine with anti-inflammatory properties will perfectly suit the gall bladder condition.
- Try vegetable juice: While gulping vegetable juice might sound a little indifferent, it has instant benefits with no side effect. All it needs is to mix beetroot, cucumber, and carrot in equal proportions and extract the juice from it. The juice extracted from this mixture should be consumed twice in a week to flush out the toxins from the system and ease the gall bladder pain.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange etc. contains pectin that is believed to be a remover of stones and blockages. This is also believed to be a great agent for countering pain originating from the gall bladder. Consumption of 10-12 tablespoon of lemon juice extracted from fresh lemons followed by a glass of water will wither the pain away in few weeks.
- A mixture of honey and turmeric: Honey’s antiseptic nature prevents infection and the curcumin found in turmeric makes the bile more soluble in the gall bladder. These two herbs in tandem can ease the gall bladder pain and get relief from the stones too. A tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of turmeric should be consumed daily to get the benefits.
- Take the herbal route: There are several herbals that are believed to be extremely effective in treating pain origination from the gall bladder. Some of them include goldenseal, quebrapedra, catnip, fennel seed, yellow dock, rosemary, nettle, peppermint herbal tea etc.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and consumption of a quarter of a glass followed by a quarter of a glass of apple juice can show instant results. It should be consumed daily after breakfast. There are instances where the pain eases out within a matter of 15 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.