Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am getting severe cough and throat pain. Please tell me medicine and also tell me that at what time we will be getting these type of diseases. I hope a positive request from you. Thank you doctor.
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have a nose bleeding problem since I was 10 years old whenever I do sneezing and whenever I eat dry fruits, my nose got blooded When I penetrate my finger much then also it happens suggest me useful I am keen to know your reply.
I have a small boil inside the tip of the nose. It's very painful n soiling there. There is no good doctor near about me. Kindly help me.
The answer is unfortunately. Yes!
Meningitis, sometimes referred as spinal meningitis, is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Usually caused by a viral infection, but it can also be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
Among pediatric patients admitted for treatment of sinusitis, 3.2% were found to have an intracranial complication. Infection of the sphenoid sinuses, however, merits concern. These thin-walled sinuses develop late in childhood, and their deep location places them adjacent to the dura mater and other critical structures.
Sphenoid sinusitis is identified in approximately 3% of cases of acute sinusitis, typically in the context of pansinusitis. Significant development of the sphenoid sinuses does not begin until age 4 to 6 years, thus, sphenoid sinusitis is restricted.
Viral infection causes most cases of spinal meningitis. Viral meningitis is usually mild and heals without treatment. Bacterial meningitis is more severe and requires treatment with antibiotics. Streptococcus pneumoniae and neisseria meningitidis are strains of bacteria that cause pneumococcus and meningococcus meningitis respectively.
It can be life threatening condition owing to its proximity to brain and spinal cord and infective media is the fluid surrounding them.
• Lumbur puncture – csf examination (cell count, glucose, proteins) and culture
• Blood culture
• Chest x ray
• CT scan of head and nose – pns
• MRI brain
Symptom checker in meningitis secondary to sinusitis:
• Fever (92%)
• Headache (85%)
• Nausea, vomiting (62%)
• Altered consciousness (31%)
• Seizure (31%)
• Hemiparesis (23%)
• Visual disturbance (23%)
• Meningismus (23%)
Conclusion and quick pearls:
• Complications that are less common with antibiotics
• Orbital (cellulitis, abscess)
• Intracranial (subdural empyema, thrombosis of cavernous sinus)
• Bony osteomyelitis.
• Can result in drastic sequelae
• Drain abscess and open involved sinuses
• Ent surgical involvement – functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Usually amenable with medical treatment
- Drain sinuses if no improvement after 48 hours
• Ophthalmology check up
• Neurosurgery intervention
A low index of suspicion is necessary for early diagnosis and treatment of sphenoid sinusitis, orbital complications and prevention of intracranial complications including meningitis.
I have a problem with my teeth gum. Once I check my mouth my gum is behind my teeth ang thats ok. But on the other side my gum cover hal of my teeth and I mostly have headache. Feels like the veins above my ear.
I have tinnitus problem in my left ear. I hear faint whistling sound non - stop. It first started around 4 months ago. It stopped for a few weeks and again started. What should I do and what precautions should I take to avoid severeness? Can it be self-cured? What medicines should I take?
Respiratory allergies are aggravated during a change of season and it is rampant during Feb and march in and around Delhi/ NCR. Allergies are aggravated by gas, bloating and are accompanied by dry skin, dry throat, cough, sneezing and wheezing. When allergy strikes, phlegm (balgam) blocks the nose and sinuses. Allergy may or may not be accompanied by fever but body ache is for sure. Normally for this type of low-grade fever antibiotics are not required but these allergies are not self-limiting like the flu with which it can be confused. Stress is another factor that aggravates the allergic effects. Ginger helps, so does honey and black pepper and cinnamon but on top of the list is steam to inhale, steam is antiseptic too, remember your doctor sterilizing instruments by autoclave which is based on the formula of a pressure cooker-lots of a stem is generated and everything (except plastic) including clothes and drapes get sterilized. Take a handy covered vessel like the one used in beauty parlors, switch on while it is kept on your table and cover your face with a towel, deep breathe steam, you will feel the passages opening up and phlegm melting which you can spit out without an effort of a violent cough. Avoid heavy, processed, refined and processed foods. 2) triphla helps fight allergy too, its powder or tablets help to reduce inflammation anywhere in the body. 3) wear cotton or linen 4) meditation helps reduce stress 5) benefits of honey are known to everyone. Do not take honey with steaming hot beverages, take it with warm water only. 6) ginger- some people chew it raw, some mothers give a drop of its juice+ some honey to their toddlers, some people make a concoction by boiling it in water at low heat and consuming it like tea/ coffee with a little milk 7) fresh indoor plants minus dust on the leaves gives fresh oxygen and inhaling deeply fresh air does open up blocked respiratory passages. 8) eat less salt as it leads to water retention making a condition worse 9) Guduchi also helps 10) maintain hygiene, do not skip daily bath with warm water. 11) if entire family including small kids want to inhale the steam for some time, make use of the smallest room in the house with doors closed, keep an electrical kettle, boiling for some time, entire room becomes steam room and breathe normally, passages of normal persons will also become free of any allergy. 12) everyone is lazy if asked to go to the kitchen to heat water but simple home remedies can help family and save money on extra medicines tests which are not required in simple seasonal allergies.
Last Sunday I was travelled by bus at window seat. I travelled more than 7 hours. I didn't close the Window. So full chill air flow on me. After two days I feel left side ear got closed. Not in normal. When I wake up at morning my left nose also got closed. So I tried to open with full force. My nose release blood. Last two days happened. What should I do. Can you tell me what is the issue.
I feel that sometimes my throat get swollen at adam's apple and it seems normal at next day what's wron with it?
Laryngitis is referred to as the inflammation of the vocal cord or the larynx situated in the throat either due to it’s over usage or certain infections. This condition spreads rapidly and does significant damage to the larynx. Laryngitis can be acute or chronic. If not diagnosed timely, laryngitis can cause significant problems in the respiratory system such as experiencing trouble while breathing. Laryngitis can be treated with antibiotics and with other home remedies such as gargling with warm salt water, giving your voice some rest and drinking sufficient water (around 2-2.5 liters) in a day to keep dehydration at bay. Make sure you avoid any caffeinated beverage and alcohol if such a condition develops. In urgent cases of laryngitis, a prescribed dosage of corticosteroids and antibiotics can provide relief.
The causes of laryngitis depend considerably on the form of laryngitis. If the laryngitis is of acute nature, then it might have been caused due to an infection and it tends to go away after suitable treatment. In the case of chronic laryngitis, the inflammation is caused due to a frequent exposure to irritants. This condition has long sustained effect and tends to be painful. The causes of laryngitis are as follows:
- Apart from viral and bacterial infections, an acute form of laryngitis can be caused due to the impairment of the vocal cord as a result of constantly talking or screaming at a high-pitched voice.
- Acid reflux (acidity) and frequent instances of sinus infections can cause chronic laryngitis.
- Excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol might cause chronic laryngitis.
- Constant exposure to toxic chemicals might cause chronic laryngitis.
- In some cases, prolonged huskiness of the throat might be a symptom of a serious underlying medical condition such as cancer or vocal cord paralysis. In such a case, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
The symptoms of laryngitis are as follows:
- A constant sensation of dry throat which might lead to permanent impairment of voice
- Persistent sensation of titillation in the throat coupled with a persistent dry cough
- Significant pain while swallowing food
- Feeling of fullness in the throat
- Severe pain in the throat
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.