Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I have quite a few range of symptoms all of which have been happening for the last 7-8 years. I will list my symptoms numerically: 1) tinnitus (left ear) and hyperacusis (both ears) most likely from noise exposure. 2) everytime I laugh or if a conversation gets loud, the sounds in both my ears is very distorted. The noise distortion also happens if I turn the water tap on and the water is flowing. 3) my ears keep on clicking when I swallow and I can also make both my ears click voluntarily. 4) when I yawn, and try and breathe out, I can breathe out from both my ears. I strongly suspect I am suffering from eustachian tube dysfunction as before all these clicking and stuff started I had a bad cold/sinus infection. 4) my nose have been blocked for the past 7-8 years. I have tried nasonex but no help. Please can anyone offer any help. Anxiously awaiting reply. Thank-you very much,
I have pain in my throat and also my sound is changed from last 2 month it is happening what should I have to do.
I am suffering from dry cough occasionally and throat infection since last 15 days on regular basis after high cold on one day. Suspecting allergy Kindly help.
Sir/mam due to sinus there is lot of swelling around my nose is there and nose become puffy so can you help me how can I red from these problem so my nose swelling goes down.
Viruses are the most common cause of pain in the throat or sore throat, and it is often accompanied by cold symptoms like running nose, red watery eyes, cough and sneezing. Smoking, irritants in the air and pollution are the main causes of sore throat. It becomes very difficult to swallow food in such a condition when an individual experiences pain, itchiness or irritation in their throat.
The main causes of occurrence of Sore throat include:
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
The Nasal passages get blocked
-Inability to gulp down food
-Severe pain in the throat which is followed by coughing
-Lymph glands get swollen
-Fever is followed by Chills
When to Visit the Doctor:
It is very important to consult a Doctor if the pain in the throat lasts for longer time, and it is accompanied by symptoms like join pain, difficulty in breathing and fever. The primary symptom of sore throat is pain in the throat and other symptoms like hoarseness and white patches on the tonsils also occur under this condition. People of all age groups can get affected with this condition, but it affects mostly children and smokers. People with weak immune system and suffering from allergies are also prone to pain in the throat.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.