Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Excessive intake of starch and sugar oriented foods lead to tooth decay and this dental condition is often associated with other serious symptoms like dental pain, gum swelling and others. Deficiency of a few minerals, especially magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D also causes this kind of dental condition.
If you want to get instant relief from unwanted symptoms, then you should rely on medicines, but normal medicines will not do any good; rather you should take only homeopathic medicines. Innumerable homeopathic medicines have been currently invented by the experienced researchers that can efficiently deal with all kinds of dental troubles or issues.
Main homeopathic medicines used for treating tooth decay: Your smile can be now well preserved and protected in the long run by using different kinds of useful homeopathic medicines. You should use these medicines only after they have been prescribed by the homeopathic practitioner. Some of the most prominent options in this regard are as follows:
- Belladonna: If you are having a severe toothache due to tooth decay and are looking for an instant solution, then nothing can be a better option than this medicine. Apart from removing the dental inflammation, it is also very much helpful in maintaining dental pulp condition. On the other hand, nervous excitability can also be efficiently controlled by taking Belladonna.
- Chamomilla: This is also quite a popular homeopathic medicine, which is prescribed by maximum homeopathic experts for dealing with different kinds of acute dental conditions. Dental sensitiveness can be completely reduced, and necessary warmth can be catered by this medicine so that your ears do not get hurt due to dental pain. This is very much effective, especially during emergency dental conditions when the pains are simply getting unbearable.
- Mercurius: Pulsating toothaches due to broken or decayed tooth can be now controlled only by this medicine. Sometimes, doctors prescribe many other medicines along with this drug in order to handle the dental troubles in a proper manner. Sometimes, painful ulcerations can also be prevented by using the concerned medicine. Now, night-time dental emergencies can be well-treated with this remedy.
- Arnica: This is one of the commonest recedes and this homeopathic medicine is now available in almost every house so that any kind of dental troubles, especially severe pains due to tooth decay can be prevented. In fact, this is the safest option of all.
Overall, one can say that homeopathy provides the best remedy to toothaches that too without any side effects.
Hi sir. I am having a painful mouth ulcer for the past four days it is now multiplied to two. What should I do now.?
Steps to Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
The good news is there are many ways to control sensitive teeth. You can:
Brush and floss regularly. Use proper brushing and flossing techniques to thoroughly clean all parts of your teeth and mouth.
Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush gently and carefully around the gum line so you don’t remove gum tissue.
Use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Several brands are available. Regular use should make teeth less sensitive. You may need to try several brands to find the product that works best for you. Another tip: Spread a thin layer on the exposed tooth roots with your finger or a Q-tip before you go to bed. Use a fluoridated toothpaste, not a tartar control one.
Watch what you eat. Avoid lots of highly acidic foods and drinks.
Use fluoridated dental products. Using a fluoridated mouth rinse daily can decrease sensitivity. Ask your dentist about products available for home use.
Don’t grind your teeth. Use a mouth guard at night.
See your dentist every 6 months (or sooner, depending on your condition).
If you still have discomfort, talk to your dentist. There may be a procedure that can help. He might recommend:
White fillings(bonding) to cover exposed root surfaces
Fluoride varnishes applied to the exposed root surface
Dentin sealers applied to the exposed root surface
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.