Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I have a problem of heart. In some cases I am getting very hyper and my heart bit is increase suddenly. What should I do. please give a suggestion.
I have left chest pain for last 5 years. Ekg, ct angio done in June 2014 was normal, I have spastic colon diagnosed recently when advised colonoscopy. But the pain is there most of the time and heaviness in stomach area. When the pain comes suddenly but ekg comes normal. I get anxious and fear of Getting a heart attack.
I have done angioplasty in Aug, 2014. I'm 63 years old. There was blockage in one artery. Taking medicine like Pan40, Embeta12.5, Clavix150, Aztor40, Eptus 25 Gold etc Please advise how other precaution to be taken.
I have suffering from blood pressure and sugar pls tell how to control these two naturally and without taking more tablets.
Dear sir, Is that true that we should have to drink water after bath to maintain Blood pressure. Is that true?
I'm 20 year old and I have always pain in my chest but it's increase when I'm running or walk long long time.
Sir I have chest pain on the right side when I am breathing. What causes of this problem and what should I do for the treatment of this?
Self suffering high blood pressure due continue thinking & every small things taken on mind always worried. Kindly guide in cheap cost medicines which I may continue to reduce weight and blood pressure.
Hello sir, I am 24 years female, I have chicken pox from 11 days. And still did not heal and I dint consult a doctor yet. Rashes are on chest and hands and stomach. And I do not have fever but am getting sever hand pain because of swelling of blisters. What medicine should I use to heal my chicken pox?
Coronary artery disease is characterized by accumulation of plaque in the coronary artery that chokes blood supply to the heart. This plaque buildup usually starts with cholesterol accumulation and gradually other particles such as calcium and lipoproteins get deposited as well. Over time, the plaque accumulates, making the blood vessels narrow and choking the supply of blood. In some cases, if the plaque ruptures, it may lead to formation of blood clots resulting in stroke.
The symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
- Breathing difficulties: This disorder may lead to shortness of breath as the blood pumping mechanism of the heart is impaired; this usually results in fatigue and exertion. It is advised to avoid advanced cardio exercises such as the high intensity interval training.
- Chest pain: Stress related activities may cause intense pressure or tightness in your chest, resulting in pain in the middle or left portion of your chest. If you discontinue the activity, the pain would usually subside. In some cases, you may feel the pain in the arm and the neck.
- Heart attack: If the level of plaque accumulation is excessive, then it may result in a heart attack. It is characterized by breathing difficulties, pain, tightness in the chest and sweating. You may also experience pain in the neck and the jaw.
The causes of coronary artery disease are:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle ups the risk of coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Blood sugar problems
- Get your blood pressure under control: If you suffer from high blood pressure, then it is recommended to get it under control to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Quit smoking: If you are a habitual smoker, then it is time to nip the habit in the bud. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels as it is a vasoconstrictor.
- Eat healthy: Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vegetables and fruits so that your body receives the essential nutrients to function well.
- Beat stress: You need to control your stress levels through exercise or meditation. Take time off work and do activities that make you happy.
Unlike yesteryears chest pain or heart related problems aren’t just age related anymore. Many young people under 30 are experiencing chest pain. It seems to be directly proportional to the increasing stress levels.The medical term for mild chest pain is angina pectoris and it happens when your heart is not getting its usual requirement for blood. Such a situation occurs when one or more arteries are blocked. Angina Pectoris is experienced usually while doing physical activities or experiencing strong emotions. At such times, the heart doesn't get as much blood as it requires for normal functioning.
Broadly speaking, discomfort in the upper part of the body is the symptom of angina, the symptoms typically include:
1. It may feel like you are suffering from indigestion or gas or fullness and pressure.
2. It may also feel like chest pain spreading to the neck, back, arms, shoulder or jaw.
3. You feel better after a little rest or some medication.
4. It doesn't last for too long, at the most five minutes.
5. Shortness of breath, anxiety, dizziness, sweating, fatigue and nausea and also symptoms of angina.
Physical conditions and habits which put you at the high risk zone for angina are:
1. When you don't get enough exercise.
2. If you are a smoker
3. If you are overweight
4. If you have a history of heart diseases
5. If you are diabetic
6. If you suffer from blood pressure of high cholesterol
Steps You Must Do To Manage the Pain and Resultant Effects
1. Calm Down - The first thing to do to counter angina pains is to rest and calm down. If you are doing physical activity, stop doing it. And if you are under emotional turbulence, you need to find ways to calm down immediately. Meditate, if needed.
2. Get Professional Help - Do not delay in consulting the doctor and ensure that you take the prescribed medication diligently. In situations where the damage is much more and medications cannot clear the problem, surgery is resorted to.
3. Change Of Lifestyle - In the long run, lifestyle change is a good idea. Staying fit, a clean medical report and keeping a healthy lifestyle will keep enough blood pumping into your heart.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.