Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh BYour feedback matters!
Rheumatoid arthritis is allopathic terminology used for disease. According to ayurveda, it comes under vatvyadhi among all vatvyadhi, you can compare it with amavata and vatrakta it depends upon person to person symptoms. According to ayurveda, when a person comes to you first give langhana that is fasting so that amapachana is done i.e. for toxin removal then give dipan pachan drugs like guduchi amalaki mustha. Its kashay gives good resultm then in panchakrama, vaitarana basti plays an important role. It removes avarodha in the Channel.
Sarvanga with saindhvadi tail is useful in medicines. You can take tablet - Rhumalya forte tablet, sinhanada guggul tablet, punarnava guggul syrup, rasna saptak kashay also plays an important role, for the local application you can use vishagarbha tail to avoid potato bringal toor dal, chana dal, thus by this way ayurveda helps in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively. Along with do's and don'ts, follow ayurvedic treatment with proper ayurvedic physician. It will give much relief. RA is treated in Ayurveda very nicely but you require patience and dos pathya regularly.
With the help of Panchakarma, ayurveda breaks the pathology of rheumatoid arthritis. With the help of medicines, we remove the toxins. And helps to treat the patient. Some drugs like mahavatvidvans ras. Vatgajankush ras mahrasnadi kadha. Helps to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.