Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramcharan ThiagarajanYour feedback matters!
I have gas problem. My stomach. Is full of gas. Sometime I can't move too. Will advice. Anything? Note :i m fasting for Ramdhan now. But I feel the same problem when didn't fast.
Hi Doctor, My father with age of 48 years suffering with blood in motion from few days (10) days consulted a doctor (general physician) no use gave some antibiotics. No symptoms were reduced, he don't have any external or internal hemorrhoids. After eating his meal he is defecating .Few drops of bleed and then he is passing his stools. Its a fresh blood ,red in color. Please tell a suggestion, abdominal scan shows no abnormalities, please give a suggestion where to approach to how to deal with this problem. Thank-you.
Should I be taking digeplex. I ate outside yesterday, now I have an upset stomach. This happens every time I eat outside. Is there a way to know what food suits my body and what doesn't? Because I like to eat outside. But every time I have pain and digestive issues.
My sister 51/f, having one son, she is housewife. She has anxiety, thyroid (under control with thyroxin 75 mg), pspondalities and hyper acidity. She si suffering alot from burning sensation in body and and pains in right side of body. Except above all others tests come negative. She gets highly discomfortable when taking any allpathic, ayurvedic medicine. She controls her system only thru natural diet, foot soaking in salt water, meditation, pranayam and yoga. Please help.
My friend is having extreme pain. She is 26 years old. Its is 2: 30 am and she is having the pain in stomach. Mostly due to gastritis.
Sir muje pet m bhot dard rehta h khane k baad turant hi pet gas bn jata h m chalta hu phir bhi please help me.
I have gastric problem. By drinking buttermilk will it reduce? Or I need have tablets? Usually if felt more I will use zinetac. What should I do.
Sir my sister is just 24 years old she is food digestion problems whenever she eats food she is suffering from gas and acidity. Sir please suggest any solution to get ride from it.
I have a gastric problem for the last Six months and tried so many medications but nothing works pls suggest me something.
Gas or flatulence is a condition where the microorganisms present in the intestines break down the food and release excessive gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, which is usually let out from the anus. It can lead to pain in the stomach and an uneasy feeling in the body.
- When foods that are not digested properly are broken down
- Lactose intolerance
- Swallowing air
- Certain foods not being absorbed properly in the digestive system
- When a child does other activities, while eating, then it can cause gas to accumulate air in the intestines leading to gas
- The sweeteners present in chewing gums can get trapped in the intestines and ferment into gas
- Vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas
- Soft drinks that cause phosphoric acid can also lead to gas
- Some children are sensitive to fat and fiber, and consuming these nutrients can lead to gas
The symptoms of gas pain in children are cramps in the stomach region along with diarrhea. It can also lead to irregular eating, being fussy about food and pulling up the legs to the belly.
Treatments and preventive measures:
- Consuming food containing probiotics such as yoghurt and soy can help in treating gas
- Eliminating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower from your child's diet
- Decreasing the amount of milk in the diet
- Limiting consumption of chewing gums as they contain artificial sweeteners , which cause gas
- A hot drink such as tea made from herbs like peppermint can help in easing the symptoms of gas
- Encouraging your child to exercise can help in preventing gas
- Getting your child to drink water in proper amounts
- Consuming a healthy diet of vegetables and fruits