Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamathYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor I'm getting so much hair fall from past 10 years on forehead & back portion. Please give me the solution.
I am 31 years old lady, and 5.2 height, weight is 57Kg and I have 18 months old baby. I have problem that some reddish boils or pimple you can say in my vaginal part. Some are in internal side and some are on the upper skin. This problem is from last 4 years. It fills with puss sometime reddish only. Its very painful. All the times it problem happens with me. I had consult with gynecologist but they gave me only antibiotics and the problem is not resolved. They said it might be skin problem and consult with skin drs. So please let me know what should I do.
Too much itching since last 5 -6 days in whole body, causes redness and bumps nd private parts. Need help please.
I am 21 old male, I keep beards and before some days I have noticed that there are some white hairs in my moustache and beards. I am worried about this issue, please help with its cure. Thank you.
I am 21 years old. My face is looking so ugly. How can I look more brighter and get glow on my face.
I am 24 years male and having skin fungal infection (circular skin rash) from last 3 months, I have taken a treatment from a skin doctor, it got treated & now again itching with red rashes has come on inner thighs, groin area, buttocks. It has develop to red swollen rashes with regular itching. Please tell me what to do ?
I'm suffering from the pimples though I observed it is seasonal [winter ] also I have a problem of spot of pimples Suggest something.
What should be the diet for a glowing and healthy skin and what should be the diet for no acidity. Please help me.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.