Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramalingaiah AYour feedback matters!
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have problem in neck there is a swelling in the both side When I eat some cold substance it increase What I do?
Hi, My grandmother is suffering from knee pain within a year or two, and also she is 80 years old, she has also got pain, can you tell me natural. Process to get. Of her suffering, Please. Help to get rid of pain so thay she can pain free on rest of her lives, thanking you, Vikas Prasad RANCHI Jharkhand India.
I am a designer, I work long hours in computer, hence always have pain in my back. Please suggest what should I do.
My hand is fill with pain because my hand collided with a rod of iron. Please give some idea to care it.
Hi, my father is suffering from a disease, doctors report says suggestive of mylomalecia. Few doctors are saying its better to get the surgery done however few others says that it should be treated with medicines as their would be chances of improvement. They say a surgery would lead to the present condition of my father remain as it is forever. We are confused as we don't have any option apart from trusting the doctors. Please guide me.
I met with a accident and dislocated my shoulder went through reduction and have a k wire past 3 weeks. I still cant sleep straight wid the immobiliser. And there's a burning feeling near the k wire and pain throughout the day. Is it okay? My doc recommended physio after k wire removal. When will i be totally fine? Nd there won't be a problem recovering? I am 22 and a female.
What is remedy for backpain? And how to reduce backpain. What are the food items can I eat regularly and avoiding food items.
My father age 74, had right side head injury in road accident 3 months back. Presently left hand is partially not working. Ct scan report shows slight bleeding. Can this be cured by medication or surgery is required. Please guide me.
Before 3 months ago I got injury in my left knee. In MRI report I find GRADE-2 Tear in my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL. I am in defence what is the best advice for me.
Hello! I have been diagnosed with thinking knee cap and weak cartilage, can you advise me what food should I eat and what I should not for early recovery. I am 30 year old man.
I am 62 years old having diabetes for the last 15years. I am controlling diabetes by taking insulin and thru balanced diet. Recently I developed numbness in my right hand thumb abd index finger. Kindly advise cure.
I am having frequent abdominal and back pain that extends to shoulder. Passibg black stool, burning sensation in bowel, have undertaken endoscopy six months back. Is it advisable to do endoscopy again. My former endoscopy result shows normal. I have frequently consulted a doctor but I am still in pain. Please help.
The term Sciatica is used to describe leg pain along sciatic nerve, with or without tingling, numbness or weakness that travels down from the low back. Sciatic nerve arises from each side of lower spine and passes deep in the buttock along the back of thigh and legs. The pain of Sciatica may be irregular/ infrequent or persistent causing severe agony to the patients. The pain of Sciatica may be confined to back of thigh & leg or may extend up to toes. The pain of Sciatica can be excruciating and "not relieved by painkillers".
What causes Sciatica?
Pain in Sciatica is due to irritation or pinching of nerve roots that form the sciatic nerve or pinching of Sciatic nerve after it is formed. This occurs most commonly due to prolapsed intervertebral disc (slip disc) causing nerve compression resulting in pain or it can be because of some similar conditions like Piriformis syndrome.
Is surgery the only treatment for Sciatica?
Most patients can be managed with medication, exercises or interventional procedures. So surgery is not the only way out. Patients who have severe pain can also benefit from "Epidural Steroid Injection" or " Ozone Nucleolysis". This treatment has proven to be effective in avoiding spine surgery in such patients.
What is Epidural Steroid Injection?
Epidural Steroid Injection is a procedure done by a Specialist (Interventional Pain) in an Operation Theatre using X-Ray (Image Intensifier) to locate at an exact level of injection. A drug mixture consisting of Steroid with Local Anaesthetic is injected at the epidural space of affected nerve root. The steroid washes away inflammatory mediators from the epidural space which decreases the pain. Steroid also decreases the inflammatory response of the body to the prolapsed disc. As a result, the pain arising from nerve inflammation is decreased. This is a day care procedure i.e. the patients are discharged the same day.
What is Ozone Nucleolysis?
This is a procedure similar to Epidural injection. Here Ozone-oxygen gas mixture is injected at prolapsed disc. Ozone shrinks the disc size and reduces inflammation of nerve.
How is the possibility of surgery ruled out?
Epidural Steroid Injection/Ozone Nucleolysis are proven, safe and an effective treatment that work on the concept of Interventional pain management - to provide relief from persistent and chronic pain of Sciatica. Generally, a single injection is sufficient to relieve patients of the pain. The procedure can be repeated for a maximum 3 times in a year, depending on the patient's response. With effective pain relief, surgery is negated.