Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamachandraiahYour feedback matters!
My face is big and eyes is small for face I am thinking to go for cheekbone reduction is it safe and which techniques are used.
I am a 42 years old male suffering from Seborrheic dermatitis. Tried many treatments including Ketoconazole shampoos and Itraconazole oral medication for 3-4 years. Stopped thereafter as condition remained same. symptoms are barely visible on face, however scalp has lesions and flakes leading to alopecia beginning from centre of crown and spreading. Please advise treatment.
I always have puffiness under eyes ,dark circles n dullness in face n lethargic, hair fall. What should i do to cure?
What would we not give to have that picture perfect, scar-free glowing skin. While some of you are blessed with the natural charisma, many of us have to undergo the daily struggle of beauty creams, toners, scrubs and pastes in order to overcome our skin woes. While a large array of cosmetics promise deliverance from the same, they are not without their fair share of side effects. In fact more often than not, the chemicals which these creams comprise leave your skins scathed even more. Consequently, many of you have turned to natural therapies for countering skin ailments. Most of our skin eruptions, rashes and abscesses are related to our metabolism and hormonal changes.
These natural therapies rejuvenate the skin but also provide cures to the germ of these issues:
- Baking Soda Treatment: Applying a paste of baking soda with water can work wonders for acne ridden skin. The paste must be allowed to sit on your skin for about half an hour and then rinsed off with lukewarm water. Regular usage can bring about a significant improvement in the skin texture.
- Oatmeal Therapy: Oatmeal is known for its beneficial effects on our metabolism. It purifies your skin and helps you get rid of the acne scars. Again applying a thick paste made of water and oatmeal is a trusted remedy.
- Tomato pulp for skin correction: Tomato pulps are replete with constituents that are extremely effective in smoothening out skin. It endows the skin with a renewed glow and clears the clogged up pores, thus preventing eruptions. It acts as a helpful skin toner as well. For yielding the best results, tomato pulp should be mixed with cucumber juice and applied all over the skin. It should be washed off with water after leaving it on for a span of 15 minutes.
- Sandalwood to beat the scars: Since time immemorial, sandalwood has been known to be full of skin enriching properties. It is one of the most reliable products when it comes to clearing out the unwanted blotches on your skin. Making a paste of sandalwood with rose water or rose milk can go a long way in reducing the scars and rashes on the skin.
- Honey and aloe vera combo: Honey and Aloe Vera are two such ingredients that can improve your skin conditions significantly. Endowed with cleansing properties, they help to re-nourish the skin and redefine its beauty. Blending honey with aloe vera into a fine mixture may prove to be a helpful toner.
- Oil Application: Regular or frequent application ofmedicated oil to the body and head will enhance the immunity and integrity of the skin and helps improve the skin texture as well.
I am suffering from skin problems. I have pimples on my face since 5years and even now also. So give some tips to come out from this problem.
Erysipelas is an infection caused by bacteria that occurs in the upper portion of the skin. It is usually caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria. This bacterium is also responsible for causing sore throat. It is characterized by large and red patches on your skin.
The symptoms of erysipelas are -
1. You may experience chills and fever
2. Swelling of various glands in the body
3. Presence of red spots on the skin with raised edges
4. You may experience blisters on your skin
5. You may also feel lethargic and dizzy
This disease occurs when the bacterium makes its way through the upper layer of the skin. If you have cuts and bruises on the skin, then the bacteria may enter the skin, and thus lead to infection. However, they don't cause any harm if they are present on the skin. Erysipelas may also be caused if you have infections of the throat and the nose.
Some other causes of erysipelas are:
1. If you are bitten by an insect
2. If you have had a surgical procedure
3. Certain skin complications such as psoriasis may lead to erysipelas
4. It may also be caused by ulcers
5. If you are affected by diabetes which results in swelling of the legs
6. If you are a used of abusive drugs such as heroin
The age group that is at the highest risk bracket consists of older people and young children. The immune systems of older adults are weak; so the chances of infections occurring are higher. The treatments for this disease include consumption of fluids and keeping the affected part at an elevated position to minimize the swelling.
It is also recommended to use medications only after doctor's consultation. In serious cases, antibiotics are administered through the vein. If the disease causes deterioration of healthy tissues in the affected part, then surgery is recommended to treat it.
The preventive measures for this disease include keeping your wounds clean, maintaining good personal hygiene and using moisturizers to prevent the skin from drying.
My skin is extremely oily especially the nose and chin. It gets very embarrasing. I get acnes/pimples every time I get my periods. Please advice me as to how can I reduce the oilyness of my skin. Which facewash would you recommend for daily use? also any specific cleanser or home remedy which maybe useful?
Sir before thee days. I have very problem during latrine. Every 5 min I feel pressure BT nothing is happening. BT when its come its black in colour. Sir please help me. My full body is paining from this.
The skin covers and protects all parts of the body. It is also most exposed to the outside world including the dust, pollution and other environmental pollutants. Smooth, healthy, glowing skin is what most of us desire, in addition to diet, lifestyle and stress produce various changes to the skin, which are just totally undesirable. In addition to the cosmetic effects, they also have a huge psychological bearing on a person. Imagine a person with acne-filled face, or a person with eczema on the hands, or a person with warts on the neck. They are obviously embarrassed and try to hide the affected part with clothing.
Homeopathy believes that these skin conditions are not just due to environmental causes, but have a deep underlying health condition. Correcting that will help restore normal healthy skin and improve the overall personality and quality of life of a person. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts and urticaria are the most common skin ailment commonly seen. Let's know more about these skin disorder-
- Acne: Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a noncontagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively rapid proliferation of skin cells. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
- Eczema: Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on your skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart. Warts are often skin-colored and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
- Urticaria: Hives, also known as urticaria, affects about 20 percent of people at some time during their lives. It can be triggered by many substances or situations and usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that turns into swollen red welts. The itching may be mild to severe. Scratching, alcoholic beverages, exercise and emotional stress may worsen the itching.
However, there is a lot of overlap in terms of what homeopathic medications are used in each of these conditions. Most commonly used medicines are:
- Graphites: In patients with eruptions on the face, scalp, various joints, which are extremely itching, scaly, and dry, graphites is used. These people have dry hair with increased hair fall.
- Lycopodium: If the eruptions are dry and scaly, this can be used.
- Causticum: This is again widely used in treating warts, acne, and psoriasis.
- Calcarea: Eczema which covers the scalp and the face with white crusting, which is extremely itching especially in the morning. This is also useful in solitary warts which are round and hard.
- Sulphur: The sore skin has pustular eruptions. The scalp is dry but hot to the touch. There is a great tendency to scratch, especially at night. This is also the first choice to treat pustular acne, warts, and urticaria. It also helps in removing old scars from acne. A word of caution, it can cause exacerbation of symptoms, and this should not cause panic.
- Puslatilla: Acne is often associated with puberty, and in young girls, this is commonly used where there is an association with menstrual cycles.
- Antimonium crudum: This is widely used in warts that can be single or in groups, hard or smooth. There could be associated digestive issues and irritability.
With treatment for most of these skin troubles, there would be a dramatic improvement in the person’s mood before the actual skin problems improve. The person also would feel more motivated with higher energy levels. This is one of the major benefits of homeopathy, where not just the symptoms, but the person’s overall quality of life improves without any known side effects.