Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramachandra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamachandraYour feedback matters!
My 1 year and 5 month old baby is suffering from cough and cold. While eat he vomit with cough. Give me a solution for this.
My 1 year 7 months old daughter is suffering from Dengue. She is not eating or drinking anything at all today. Even while sleeping, she is not taking milk. I am giving her two to three spoons of fluid item every fifteen to twenty minutes. But what can I do to at least make her drink milk. Her platelets yesterday were around three Lacs and pcv count was 36.
thanks your were helpful. My daughter is 2 years old she has summer boils all over in head what to do.
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
As my daughter is 8 years old and she is very lean. Her HT is 4'2 or 3" wt is 19 KGS. Is it OK. If not please suggest me how can I increase her weight little so that she looks little chubby n good. She stops the food after 5 morsels if we compel she starts crying but is not ready to eat. So please help me.
By baby does not poop for 3+ days and she cries every time she poops. The poop is hard and may be causing her pain to pass it out. We tried various foods for her, but same result. For 2/3 days she poops regularly, then again the same symptom. He also drinks less water, no matter how much we try. What can the problem. How can this be solved?
My baby is suffering from fever due to urinary track infections. He is having antibiotics and paracetamol but fever is not going away. What should I do?
My 8 years old daughter is suffering from migraine since last three months. Is it curable? what is the productive treatment?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter two months old and premature baby now she feed milk thro nipple by pushing milk thro syringe. Now she weighs 2 kg. Dr. told to start mother feeding. She did nt take mother milk directly and she started crying while try to attempt .plz guide us.
My 11 months old daughter licks dirt from floor, paint from walls, or eats soap while bathing. She does this occasionally, not regularly. Please help.
My niece is just 4 months old. At times she screams loud. What's the reason for her impatience at such small age.
My baby is 18 months. When he eat cerelac or milk powder he vomiting. Today he vomiting 3 times. What can I do? please answer. Thank you.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
Hi my age is 45 I have broncholitis problem form many years. Initially I went to ENT he gave me steroids. After that I gained weight. I am doing daily exercise still my weight is not reduced up to my expedition I want both advise for my bronchiolities and weight reduction.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal.
My 7 year old son is doing throat clearing and some coughing for about 3 months. Xray shows enlarged adenoids. Could it be the reason or it is a tick only. He has. No other issues.
My son 5 yr old my padetricin told me he is hyper active. I have consult with neurologist they advice me only for therapy no medicines require. But I consult with psychologist they advice medicine what should I do please advice me.
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.