Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years and my right feet heel is aching. I tried hotwater dip ; orthodox chappal etc. But no result. Heel sides are aching. No pain in the bones.
Please suggest me a medicines for urine infection. Also number of days to consume. And is there any side effect of it?
Hello. I am a 12th class student. I have two problems-diet is very low according to my age and second- too much sleep. What should I do?
I had a severe stomach pain since from yesterday. I couldn't even have food. I couldn't. Thus give some suggestions. To more come my stomach pain.
My daughter aged 34 yrs, mother of a son has been suffering from JO-1 syndrome ever since delivery of the child age 4.5 yrs. Your advice please. 2. My brother age 42 years suffering from EPILEPSY FOR LAST 20 YRS now on regular medicine yet not being controlled. Your advice please.
I am suffering from cold from last 3 days I do not want to take any medicine. Kindly tell me the best home remedy to cure it.
I am suffering from dry cough and whenever I cough hard my chest is pain help me what can I do. Please.
Whenever I sit for long like on bike, bus seat, bed or anywhere however cushioned I develop an intense pain at the tail bone end. Even when I sleep and tend to switch sides it pains a lot. I haven't hurt that tail bone vicinity area, that is for sure. But how is this pain? PLEASE ADVISE?
I have sugar. I take insulin human. Mixact is two time in 18-18 unit. Can I take for metformin tablet and insulin are both.
I have a problem with my pennies. Whenever I participate in sex--the foreskin on my pennies is went under the pennies head. It's too painful for me because the skin is too tight at that time like rubber band. Please suggest for how to make my skin as flexible to move forward and backward easily.
After following the doctor's advice of having sexual intercourse from day 11 to day 21. I shud continue having sexual intercourse daily. Alternatively or. Any other advice?
Good morning have psoriasis / eczema for over 25 years, During summer it's under control and in winter it increases along with itching. Due to itching some puss formation has taken place and its painful. Regards Srinivas.
In my back just below shoulder and in neck something white white comes out called tinea versicolor so tell me home remedy to cure that. Else any medicine.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.