Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am not able to eat nutritious food my immune system is weak please help me out what precautions I must follow and what foods I should eat?
Hi should I need to wait for one week to check pregnant or not. Is it safe to have sex in these days or should have sex or not. My periods is irregular. 14 march my last mensturation had come. In april my mensturation came on feb 28 but on march it came on 14. Is it there any problem . I am using the tablet normal for 2 days. So will I get pregnant. I have pcod problen for last 2 years. So please help me to get pregnant.
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
Hi I have a patulous get junction I am suffering from GERD. I used to take razo 10 daily with that I'm comfortable no reflux symptoms when I withdraw symptoms will get worst. Now I conceived my last LMP is April 20 2017. First three months I'm on antacids. Id I take antacid I use to get vomiting. Now from fourth month I started to take pantoprazole 20 mg daily. Can I take pantoprazole 20 mg daily from second trimester continuously. Please suggest me is there any effect to baby. Actually before pregnancy I have little heart burn .when I am on progesterone tabs symptoms are getting worst that's y taking pantoprazole 20.
Hello This is Prashant ,Actually my father was suffering from viral fever and he was on bed rest for 10 days now his fever is normal but he got swelling in his feet where he is not able to stand on his feet properly and feeling extreme pain. His Age: 58 Years His Current Platelets: 1.5 TLC: 5400 Please advise the solution.
Hi I am 50 years old diabetic, high cholesterol, thyroid, and facing obesity facing sexual problems like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction how to improve testosterone hormone function suggest good ayurvedic medicine.
I am around 71 years. I am diabetic. Have prostrate problems. B. P, skin itching problem. I am also having E. D. Problem for the last many years. Can you suggest some medicine for ED?
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.
Hello sir am from Kolkata am 27 years boy I have low sperm count and my sperm is too thin. In minutes my sperm is fell out my sex stamina is week please help me out give me some effective medicine for stamina and sperm count please. Thanks you.
Hello doctor, I am 30 year old man and I have suffering from fever. what should I do? Please help me.
I have got a running nose and a sore throat. .As a result I an unable to sleep properly during the night. I am 84 years of age. Please advise me. Thanks.
If there is one disease which most people would definitely be affected by, it has to be the common cough and cold. It is not without reason that it is called “common cold.” When we look back though, common cold and cough was not so common. It is evident that it has become common due to the lifestyle and environmental changes and can be managed again by looking at how it used to be managed earlier.
Ayurveda believes that health is determined by the balance between the tridoshas in the body, namely vata, pitta, and kapha. Common cough and cold are caused by an imbalance between all 3 components. The type of cough, phlegm, congestion, etc., will vary depending on which dosha is predominant. People who repeatedly have attacks of common cold would be delighted to know there are remedies which are commonly available and can keep these attacks at bay. Read on to know more.
- Garlgling with salted lukewarm water soothes the throat and helps in relieving cough.
- Taking a combination of honey, lemon, and lukewarm water 3 times a day is very effective in preventing common cold.
- Drinking warm liquids like herbal teas and clear vegetable soups with garlic added soothes the throat and also provides antioxidant benefits against cold and cough.
- Boil some handful of tulsi leaves in a litre of water, strain and drink it through the day to get rid of cough and cold.
- Eating onion dipped in honey also can prevent chronic cough and cold.
- Boiling tulsi seeds and ginger in water and drinking this after straining also helps the throat.
- Drinking juice of betel leaves is another natural remedy.
- Add some salt to mustard oil and rub it on the nose and throat to get immediate relief.
- Similarly, a mixture of curd, sugar, and black pepper powder provides relief from cough and congestion.
- A mixture of cinnamon, honey, and pepper also helps people with cough and cold.
- Add a small quantity of asafetida (hing) to a glass of warm water and feel the relief in the lungs and throat.
- Boil water with jaggery and coriander seeds, strain and drink twice a day.
- A mixture of ginger and milk can be used in concentrated form to be instilled in the nose.
- A mixture of fennel seeds and clove powder mixed with honey provides great relief.
- Inhale the vapour of ladies finger from water in which it was boiled. This relieves throat infections and dry cough.
In addition, Ayurveda has specific yogasanas like jal neti, sutra neti, kapalbhati and setubandha, which are aimed at clearing out nasal and airway passages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.