Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am facing a issue sever itching on my body for last 10 days. What to do please advice. If any medicine please suggest. I am a diabetic patient of age about 37 years. Please help. This also happens because of my location change from Odisha to Patna.
Due to gastric having suffocating problem. Is it because of gastric? If yes than what will be the remedies? Thnks (:
I masturbate 4 to 5 times. Should I have problem in future. I can't able to control my self while masturbating.
Dear Sir, madam, from two days I am getting useless thoughts in my brain and not getting sleep due to that. can you give help me out on this.
Hi doctor. recently I was gone through the treatment of angioplasty and also suffering fron diabetes. so, I want some suggestion to control the diabetes and diet and excercise.?
Daily diet chart for a person having constipation and low BP 70/50. While standing, medically no problem. Results are normal viz. Blood, mri spine, brain, ecg, echo, colonoscopy.
My wife is pregnant of two months she is with morning sickness, vomiting, pain abdomen, do not feel eating food.
I have a problem that I cannot control sex. As where ever I feel like it cannot be controlled. So can I get some consultation.
I am 22 years old and my friend has stomach ache if she eat any spicy food so she should completely avoid eating spicy foods or is there any other option?
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.