Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Raksha RavishankarYour feedback matters!
I am suffered a lot about eye sight, will you please give me the remedies, and also I am lack of nutrition and give me the nutrition details about which food I want to take.
I have red eyes for three day. What should I do to prevent it and also suggest me some easy preventive measures to cure it.
I Have The Problem In My Eyes Whenever I Sit Near The AC, I Get A Severe Pain In My left Eye and get A Very hectic Headache.
My name is dev kumar and I am eighteen years old. I have problem of my health that some times my eyes are very paining and I can't see.
My age is 23. I got sight at 13. My eye sight power is -5. Wat are the foods to be taken to decrease eye sight?
My father has retinitis pigmentosa. And I read that it is hereditary. How do I know that I have it or not? I want to know how should I avoid it or take precautions. Please help me I am worried.
Hi My child is of 10 years .He has eye sight problem. His no. Is -2 of both side. Can his eye sight be improves.
I am using laptops and mobile frequently will it be affect my eyes. Because I am wearing spectacles of minus 3.5both the eyes. But am using good brand spectacle with uv ray protection.
Some glycerin has accidentally got into my right eye last night. I am now having some irritations in my eye. What should I do now?
Sir I have severe head ache for last 3 days and having little temperature, my eyes have swollen and I am unable to sleep please help?
I am 25 years old M, I have astigmatism and myopia with combined power of 4 in each eye, I want to get LASIK surgery done. What is the success rate of the surgery.
Male. I have a problem in my eight eye. My right eye causes disturbance in looking. I can't see anything clearly with my right eye. For example. I can't read any letter , word, sentence from any distance. My left eye is Very much accurate. Its so good that it doesn't make me feel anything abt my right eye. Everything is blur with my right eye. I went to Nepal , methi Eye Hospital. They has done many tests But they couldn't find the solution. Finally the Report said that this problem is from my birth. It can't get cured , neither it will become further worst. It will remain the same. And since my left eye is perfect so there won't be any disturbances. Conclusion - I don't have any disturbance in watching something when both my eyes r open. But only if I close my left eye and try to watch with my right eye then everything is blur.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.