Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raksha J Vaishav
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Raksha J VaishavYour feedback matters!
Mera sar piche se bahut dard karta tha. Sath hi right eye se kuch der k liye dikhna band ho jata tha or phir aakho ke saamne ajeeb si daanedaar aakratiya banne lgti. Jyada roshni ya aawaz se sar me or tez dard hota tha. Or roshni or aawaz us wakt bardasht nahi hoti. Phir bahut ultiya hoti thi. Ye sab lagbhag 3 saalo tak chala. Phir sirf sar me dard rehne laga. Sar ka pichla hissa bahut dard karta hai itna jada ki baal bhi nahi baandh pati hu. Dr. Mai ye janni chahti hu ki jo pehle ultiya mujhe hoti thi or aakho se dikhna band ho jata tha unka mere sardard se kya talluk hai. Or mujhe kis tarah ka sardard hai. Ye kyu hota hai. Or mai kya upaay karu.
Hi, I am not getting enough sleep, even doing exercise following good diet. Can Yoga be helpful for this issue. Please suggest your expert opinions which can help me to have proper sleep and healthier life. FYI I am working on computers for 8 hours daily. Doing exercise for 1.5 hours daily.
I have eye problem I get head ache and eye pain daily and feel stressed at my back head what may be the reason?
Sir last time I had asked about eye flashes with shaky vision. My all eye test were normal and also mri was normal. I want to ask you weather cough can cause vision problems in mind? Because I have cough problem from childhood. Perhaps cough gathered in mind and causing vision problems.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.