Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Raksha AlvaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in biceps area of right hand around shoulder. It increases when I sleep in the curve position keeping right shoulder up. What is the reason and what do you suggest?
My MRI report is Minimal knee effusion Partial tear if pcl Ligamentous sprain/low grade partial tear of acl Grade 2 miniscal signal (intrasubstance meniscus tear/medical degeneration) in posterior horn medial meniscus. So what I care for it and what I do.
Hello doctor I am 20 yrs, since 8th months my right hip was paining while sleeping and riding scooty so doctor suggested me to go for MRI ,during mri of my hips I was trying to straightening my hips and doing some little movements so my question is these movements enough to loss information by the mri machine? Can it loss some information if there is existence of tumor or cancer?
I met with an accident on 19 may n my left leg get fracture (from the center) n on the same day operation had been done , rod had been fixed , now it almost approx 2 month , and I don't know how much my leg have recover , I am in 12 and I have to go to school I had miss my 7 days class , now I wish to join my school. So my qus. Is can I put my leg down on floor , if I can then , how I have to walk with the help of walker ? Or I can walk properly ? And how much my get have recover ? N how much more time it take to recover ? If you want I can show my xray ?
I am having knee joint pain and its getting serious to extent its hard for me fold pls what is the remedy am still a 26 year please.
For about 10 days am feeling too much pain in the legs, back and half of my head maybe due to acidity / gastric problem as my tongue is also white and tastes awful. Kindly suggest a remedy.
Hi. I was planning a kid. And my back pain started from 3 dayz so I went to Doctor he told me it was slipped disc and to rest for 10dayz it vill be alright. And some of relative are saying that I can't do sex for 3 months and vill effect my sex life is it true. Than what can I do.
I am 50 years old lady. I am having diabetes. I take medicine daily for diabetes. I have lot of pain in my right leg throughout the day. How to cure this?
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.