Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh B CYour feedback matters!
How to keep dental hygiene for my 2 year old kid. He has all his teeth. Which toothpaste should I use for him.
I am suffering severe throat infection and also blood is coming during tongue cleaning and brushing.
Dear sir. I am having lot of teeth pain. I checked from more doctor but the pain not stopped. So next what can I do.
Suffering from swelling n pain in tooth. advice to take zeltrofen, but it burns while urination. Is it a normal side effect? Any soln? Or is it very serious?
Mouth ulcer coming again and again why? Generally single ulcer heal in 8-9 days after that another ulcer comes.
Hi I feel pain in my teeth when I eat anything. I am using sensodyne but it doesn't help. Please suggest something
I can't eat spicy food because it burns my tongue and my face become red, I don't know what should I do, please give me a best treatment.
I am 22 years old male. When I brush my teeth, blood is coming from my teeth and also when I eat apples blood is coming. Why. Now which tooth past I have use please tell me is there any dancer with these teeth.
I am suffering teeth cavity, previous made root canal but not use cap on that tooth. Doctor suggested re root canal.
I am having severe bad odor from mouth, not able to make out either from mouth or due to gerd. Please suggest what are the precautions to be taken so as to control this problem.
Sir I have bleeding gums in some areas in mouth. What is the prevention? Is it any symptoms for any disease?
My upper front two teeth were broken during childhood and the new ones which grew have a visible gap between them. I want to get the gap removed/reduced. How much will it cost approximately and how much time it will take if I go for it.
I have problems on teeth. They are all of different shape & a bad smell is comes from my mouth. What should I do.
My teeth is yellow in colour and I always do all the thing what the doctor tell like brush 2 times in a day and giving me very hi-fi toothpaste etc but my teeth never change the colour from yellow to white.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.