Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my right eye for last few days. I wear glasses my no. Is for both near and far eyesight. I have been using eye kul to get relief. My work involves lots of activity involving looking at computer and mobile screen.
I'm a software developer and I've to use laptop daily, suffering from Myopia, having -7 (R) & -6.5 (L) lens in my specs. Please suggest me how to get over it and get back the normal eye?
Some days before an small insect enter in to my eye. My become red suddenly I consult with a doctor. He gave me an eye drop but till 10days my eye's redness does not go. please suggest me qhat to do?
H2O2 Was dropped on my eye. My eye was got red but eye was clearly seeing everyone's. How can I overcome red of my eye.
My left eye has been itching for 2 days but now the left portion of the eye become red (yet I have not touched it), and it is continuously itching but not so much watering.
Hello, I am 25 years old girl, Mujhe permanent specs lage hue h my eyes are too weak to see without specs and mai Lasik Eye Surgery karwani chahti hu please suggest me is it harmful for eyes in future? Mujhe karwani chahiye ya nhi lasik eye operation please suggest me soon and correct.
There is a marked difference between having big eyes and eyes that bulge abnormally. This abnormality should not be confused with having large eyes. Bulging eyes can be defined as eyes where the white of the eyes is visible above the cornea (circular black portion of the eye). Medically, this is referred to as Proptosis or Exophthalmos.
Eyes protrude from the eye sockets if there is a swelling of muscles, fat or tissue behind the eyes. This is dangerous because it exposes the cornea and makes it difficult for the eyes to stay moist and lubricated. In extreme cases, it can also put the optic nerve under pressure and lead to potential vision loss. This is especially serious if noticed only in one eye.
An overactive thyroid gland is one of the most common triggers for bulging eyes. Another common cause for bulging eyes is Graves disease. Graves disease is an autoimmune condition that makes the thyroid gland release cells and antibodies that fuse the eye muscles. This can directly trigger the condition by inflaming the tissue around the eye or indirectly trigger the condition as it also causes hyperthyroidism.
Other causes for this condition are:
- Any injury that causes bleeding behind the eye
- Vascular Disorders : A build up of blood vessels in the skin or inside the orbit
- Neuroblastoma or nerve cancer
Seeing the white of the eye above the cornea is the most obvious symptom of bulging eyes. Excessive dryness, pain and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this condition. The patient may also find it difficult to close their eyes completely and have difficulty with eye movements. A doctor may use further blood test and imaging tests to confirm a diagnosis.
Treatment for bulging eyes depends on the condition triggering it. Usual forms of treatment include:
- Eye drops or artificial tears
- Wearing sunglasses
- Chemotherapy or radiation to treat tumors
- Surgery to repair damaged blood vessels
In cases where eyes bulge because of Graves disease, the below forms of treatment may also be used:
- Beta blockers
- Anti-thyroid medications
- Removal of the thyroid gland
- Replacement hormones
- Radiation to lower the functioning of the thyroid gland
- Orbital decompression surgery where one or more eye socket walls is removed
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I use i-kul eye drops whenever my eyes turns red. I am using it daily since more than 2, years. But now my eyes are getting addicted to that eye drop. Whenever I do not apply those eye drops my, eyes turn red. Is there any harm if i, continue to use it. Is there anyy other alternative eye solution to overcome eye redness. Pls suggest.
Any 1 doctor that improve my eye sight in just 1 month or 2 months I have 1 number 1 eye medicine or any exercise.
Looking for Dr, who can provide me some techniques and ideas, methods, to help me, so that I can train my son to listen and understand what I am saying and improve his eyes contact, and socially involved, he is not showing interest what I am saying, all time he is busy in his own world and even responding to his name when called is very low, even does not understand if I ask him to do bye bye, his hearing is good, he have memorize all the alphabets and number up to 20, PLEASE HELP, if I say him anything to do he cries a lot, he doesn't get excited seeing real animal or bird, doesn't he even look when his father comes back from office, I don't know what should I do.
Hello sir My name is Abhinendra Patel and I'm suffering from myopia I wand rid of it. Because its no. Size increasing instead of decreasing unless I apply spex all the time. I want that can you tell me how I can rid of it permanently?
I'm getting like some vibration in my right ear at the same time right eye is blinking for few seconds. This is from last 10 to 15 days. Any ear drops for this issue. Please help.
This problem about my eys? I am doing a desk job with computer, from some days I noticed that my eyes are not working as before? Should I go to doctor?
I have using color contact lenses (blue color) by my long sight problem. I have wearing last 6 months. What should I prefer, lenses or spectacles for after? But feel uncomfortable with my lenses. After few years, Is any problem with wear contact lenses?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.