Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raju
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
I have floaters in my left eye since last one week. Will you tell me the medicine/eye drop required to get over this problem.
Do you think the corporate spectacle sellers (including online) with a chain of shops the optician at the corner of your road can diagnose and treat you for your eye vision problem completely accurately (even a simple case like myopia)?
Think again. Once the damage is done, it is mostly irreversible.
Signs of near sightedness (myopia)- include blurring of vision, genetic predisposition if mothers and fathers are myopic, squinting (bhengapan), eye strain headache, feeling fatigued when driving or playing sports, malignant myopia where the vision loss can be rapid due to elongation of eyeball and is irreversible. Similarly there are various reasons for presbyopia, astigmatism.
In case of compound power, it is purely the competence of optometrist which will help in determining the power of lens. Many cases are coming up with wrong power calculation. It is advisable to consult an eye surgeon before going to a spectacle shop. Once the eye power has increased, it cannot be lowered without surgical intervention.
It's for the patient to decide whether he considers optometrist (guys with degree in power calculation sitting in corporate and local eye shops, authorized to calculate eye power, competent enough to diagnose even these condition completely and afford to miss the retinal detachment and silent diseases like glaucoma or other associated eye pathology if they are present in eyes.
The patient's power will increase through incorrect or incomplete diagnosis and harm his eyes. It's your eyes, always consult an experienced eye surgeon before you go to any spectacle shop to buy your spectacles?
There are silent and irreversible disease in family like glaucoma/kala motia which have a family history, it is the duty of the doctor to ask history of such disease.
Can you expect your local optician to ask such history? if he misses your glaucoma by not checking your eye pressure, you vision loss is irreversible.
The guy sitting in spectacle shop may sell you a branded eyeglasses, give a very good deal and pamper you with snacks but what purpose it serves if the some part of your diagnosis is missed and causes irreversible loss of vision.
The optometrist is trained just in power calculation and dispensing of contact lenses. He is not trained to diagnose and treat any eye disease, look behind the lens through indirect opthalmoscope, use instruments like slit lamp.
He is incompetent to treat any eye disease like amblyopia/lazy eye.
If he is giving medicine/drugs along with dispensing of spectacles, he is most probably committing a crime.
If you are going to optometrist first, it purely depends on his training and expertise whether he is able to suspect any associated pathology or not and refers you the eye surgeon and if he misses it or makes a wrong diagnosis, the loss is yours and only yours. Lastly the optometrist will be never held responsible for wrong diagnosis.
The doctor's prescription caries a legal value and he will always advice in patient's best interest.
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh
My eyes starts paining and so as my head. I CAN'T understand sometimes it's ok and sometimes I'm not able to work properly. Want to know why this is happening to me? Is it serious?
My wife got ARMD (age related macular doses) 7 years ago in left eyes, that time she treated by AVASTATINE but no positive result got, four years back she got same thing in right eye but at the starting she started to take inj. Of LUCENTIS she took about 6 inj recommended by eye specialist at specify periods, she got some positive result but not 100 percent but it stopped increasing. From last one year it started again PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT IS LATEST TREATMENT FOR THE ARMD EYE DISEASE please ADVICE.
If I smell my own armpits then I get sex mood y If I see girls blouse after that I were why It's normal or eels.
How can my eyes be cured from veins problem (right eye vein is tapped on)? Eyes usually remains yellow in colour?
Eye tends to start itching and water comes even just after using computer for 15 minutes. Am I ok? Or any thing abnormal?
Since last few days I am feeling that my left eye is getting sticky means it seems like this eye behaves all the time like both the eyes behaves when we leave our bed. Kindly suggest me something.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!