Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old and I am having dark circles and my upper lip is getting darken. I have tried my things but nothing worked out. Please tell me something that will work as soon as possible.
I got a black vertical line on my ring finger. What it is? Is the thing to concern about? How to remove?
When I was kid I am soo white but now I medium colour. In my childhood some soaps are not set to me that's why I'm medium colour like my mother told. Is it able to get back my old colour. What prescription I want to use.
I am living in mumbai and going to karnatak for a wedding to prevent tan which cream or lotion should I use? Suggest please.
Hi I'm a male or boy my lips size is big it looks ugly and people keep on strain at me wat to do how to make it look normal and lips is big like I had an operation or surgery of my lips I had a got a boils so to remove it I had an surgery and bcoz of tht my lips looks big it is not in normal shape and swelling also happens please tel me wat to do please help me plz.
Hello doctor, I have already asked one question regarding itching and rashes with fatigue. Now I resolved from rashes and itching with out any medications. Now I have fatigue and nausea feeling at sometimes. I have done all the tests including Hbsag, hiv etc. All are negative. I am in so much tension after reading regarding these symptoms in google as they indicate some serious illness like acute hiv reaction and all. But I do not have fever or head ache at all. Only once I had slight fever and feeling of weakness. But still I am worried about why those rashes has occurred.? If it was any kind of viral or bacterial infection is fever will be the first indicator? 2 times I did viral markers and were negative. Please help me to get rid off my doubts.
I am 30 year old men my problem is my face skin is oily and from 6 to 8 month dark spot in my face so please tell me suggestion.
This surgery involves the removal of Gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ that lies right beneath the right side of the liver. The main function of the gallbladder is to collect and concentrate bile, which is a digestive juice produced by liver after eating, aiding digestion. The most common disorder of the digestive system is presence of Gallstones, which are the stones made up of a mixture consisting of cholesterol, bile pigment and calcium salts.
These Gallstones don’t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
- The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
- A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
- Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
- In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
1. Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
2. Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
3. Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week.