Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raju B BYour feedback matters!
A spoonful of honey can quieten children?s? night time cough and help them and their parents sleep better.
When compared to the cough syrup ingredient dextromethorphan or no treatment, honey came out on top. According to a study from Archives of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, the results are so strong that it can be said that honey is better than no treatment and dextromethorphan was not in children with upper respiratory infections (URIs). There is currently no proven effective treatment for cough due to an URI like the common cold. While dextromethorphan is widely used, there is no evidence that it works, and it carries risks.
Honey is used around the world as a home remedy for cough, and might provide a safe, effective alternative to cough medicine.
To investigate its role, the researchers compared buckwheat honey, a honey?flavoured dextromethorphan preparation, and no treatment in 105 children who had sought treatment for night time coughs due to colds. Among the three groups, children given honey had the greatest reduction in cough frequency and severity, and the most improved sleep, as did their parents. Its sweet, syrupy quality may be soothing to the throat, while its high antioxidant content could also be a factor. Honey also has antimicrobial effects.
Honey is not recommended for infants younger below one year of age because of the risk of botulism spores.
My wife is suffering from depression for last six years. She is taking placida tablet daily as per advice of doctor but she complains of knee pain regularily and also taking thioroid tablets. She also has constipation problem and fast breathing during evening. Please advise its treatment. She has also developed fat ( height-5' 2, weight-70 kg, age-53 yrs ).
I am having a problem with low sperm motility and low sperm morphology from past 2 years. How to treat this problem. For this any medicines are available & my sperm count is 119 ml for total ejaculation
Hi. I have been suffering from constipation and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Food intake is very less, daily while waking up I'm having knee, leg and back pain.
I am 20 years old, I use to have night fall for past 4 years and someone suggested me masturbation as a remedy and I have started doing it. Now for past three months night fall is gone but still at times I masturbate at the interval of three days which gives me anxiety whether I might get addicted to masturbation. I had night fall fa every 20 days so what is the correct rate of masturbation so that it is safe and also acts as remedy fa night fall?
Doctor I having problem off my headache every day when I come my home to my office then headache problem so doctor tell me what can I do.
In middle of back I have a sebacious cyst. I already operated it 10 years back but now it come again. So tell me what should I do?
I go bathroom 4 5 times in night. My sugar label is 69. Feeling heavy head. Sleepy , Weakness.Please tell.
The lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood is termed as Anemia. You may also be diagnosed as anemic is your red blood cells do not have a high enough hemoglobin count. Since hemoglobin is responsible for the amount of oxygen in our blood, being anemic results in a decreased flow of oxygen in the blood.
There are 5 different types of anemia. These are:
- Iron deficiency anemia: When the iron levels of the blood are lower than normal.
- Sickle cell anemia: When the red blood cells are shaped like a 'sickle' and hence more fragile. This is an inherited condition.
- Thalassemia: When the body does not produce enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. This is also an inherited condition.
- Megaloblastic anemia: When the blood does not have enough vitamin B12 and hence cannot transport hemoglobin through the body.
- Hemolytic anemia: When the red blood cells are rapidly removed from the blood due to an infection, medication or disease.
Lack of oxygen can have a serious effect on the organs of the body. Hence the symptoms of anemia are also the effects of the disease.
Some of these are:
- Lack of energy
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Reduced attention span
- Numbness of the hands and feet.
Anemia can also lead to a number of major health problems such as:
- Heart disease: Anemia is directly linked to heart disease. When the blood carries less oxygen, the heart needs to work harder to pump it to the rest of the body. Thus, people who are anemic are at a higher risk of having a heart attack than a non anemic person. Anemia can also lead to arrhythmia or a condition where the person suffers from an irregular heartbeat.
- Pregnancy complications: One of the first and most vital supplements prescribed to a pregnant woman is iron. Iron is essential not only for a healthy baby, but also for your own body. Anemia caused by a lack of iron can result in premature birth and a number of other complications at the time of pregnancy.
- Increased risk of infections: Lack of oxygen in the blood can affect your immune system by lowering its ability to fight infections. This makes the body vulnerable to diseases.
- Cognitive damage: Anemia in children can result in a greatly reduced attention span and weaken their memory. Sometimes, even when treated, this can result in permanent scarring and reduced IQ levels.
Fighting anemia is not hard. Consult your doctor instantly if you recognize any of its symptoms and start eating food rich in iron to fight this disease.