Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajshreeYour feedback matters!
Sir, My wifes breasts are ejecting milk. Though she is not pregnant. Its a white liquid from 1 year. Will there be any problem?
I am 21 years female. I have abnormal menstrual cycle I have severe body pain and abdominal pain and my cycle lasts for more than 7 days what health measures I can do to correct my dysmenorrhea and have a healthy periods.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Am 27, woman, my periods are late for 5 days and I have taken PT with my urine and it says positive, and I want to keep this baby, what can I do next.
I have my periods in the month of april 29-15 I did not get till one of the doctor suggested in online that to do urine test. I have done it but it was negative result. What would be the reason please say any solution for my problem thankyou.
6 week pregnant n thyroid tsh level is 2.71 how much dose should be taken as tablets during pregnancy.
My vagina is suffering from dryness during sex so what can. I do for that to reduce dryness from my vagina during sex.
Abdominal massage with cinnamon and ginger infused oil is effective to lessen the cramps pain and provide relief during menstruation.
I didn't got periods from last 56 days. Actually am unmarried nd still studying. I'll be travelling everyday around 82 km for college. Last time I got periods on 25th of june. Before that on may 28th of may I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Because I missed my periods I got doubt that I might became pregnant nd had done pregnancy test twice in this week using I can nd preganews pregnancy detection kits both the times it gave negative result only. Now can you clarify me whether is there any chance that I am pregnant? If not what is the reason for my missed periods? I didn't got my periods after 25th of june till now. Please help me.
I am 24 female and I am having severe vaginal discharge since last one month. Also I feel weakness including low BP. Please give me some worthy suggestion.
The World Health Organization (WHO) calls infertility “a disease of the reproductive system defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.”
Infertility can occur in both women and men. Primary infertility is infertility in a couple who have never had a child, while secondary infertility is failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy. A woman who doesn’t conceive and/or is unable to carry a full-term pregnancy is labeled as infertile.
Causes of infertility in women
Infertility in women is caused by many factors like infections and ageing amongst others like the following:
- High FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the body. It stimulates follicle growth in the ovary and causes the eggs to mature for fertilization. FSH levels increase with age and high FSH levels in blood can mean that the ovaries are not functioning too well and hence it can be a likely reason for infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes - Blocked fallopian tubes or ‘fallopian tube obstruction’ is the biggest reason for infertility in women. We all know that fertilization happens inside the fallopian tubes, so an obstruction here means an absence of fertilization and pregnancy.
- Endometriosis - Women with endometriosis experience a drop in fertility by almost 12-35%. It is a condition where the lining of the uterus starts growing, not in the uterus, but elsewhere in the abdomen i.e. ovaries, fallopian tube and the pelvic area.
- Fibroids- These are non-cancerous tumours inside or around the uterus.
- Age- The biggest reason for infertility in women is their age. If a woman’s age is 35 plus, her ovaries do not function properly and release less eggs, which are not very healthy.
- Hormonal imbalance - These cause ovulatory malfunctions and poor egg development.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a type of hormonal imbalance, which leads to production of excessive male hormones in a woman’s body, thereby causing infertility.
Can Ayurveda boost fertility in women?
According to Ayurveda, infertility arises when ‘shukra dhatu’, which produces eggs in women and sperms in men, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition. This could be due to poor digestion or an absence of a balanced diet or due to the presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
According to Ayurveda, sexual indulgence and promiscuity can also cause infertility due to the decrease in ‘shukra dhatu’.
Ayurvedic fertility enhancers for women
- Ashoka – It stimulates the endometrium found in the uterus and ovaries and aids in ovulation.
- Lodhra – It cures all female disorders that stop conception and regulates levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH, which are essential for conception.
- Shatavari – It nourishes the ovum or egg and enhances fertility as it contains estrogen-like compounds.
- Gokshura – This herb is helpful for both men and women. It works as a fertility tonic in women by stimulating the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of female infertility.
Ayurveda also recommends a diet rich in food items like ghee, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve overall health and thus enhance levels of ‘shukra dhatu’ in the body. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely associated with the reproductive system in women, Ayurveda also assigns a lot of value to its regulation for proper ovulation and stress control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Limit carbohydrates; high insulin levels appear to inhibit ovulation in place of bad carbs like cookies cakes white bread and white rice include good carbs which contain fiber like fruit vegetables beans and whole grains.
Bean diet; plant protein comes with healthy fats and is relatively low in calories and can be helpful for weight loss
Go leafy; leafy greens like spinach romaine arugula broccoli and other dark leafy greens are high in folate, a b vitamins that improve ovulation
Whole milk; consume one or two servings a day of whole milk or other full-fat dairy foods such as yogurt as less non and low-fat dairy
No trans fat; avoid trans fats (found primarily in baked and snack foods animal products french fries and margarine) which increase insulin resistance