Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajshreeYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old and over the course of years bleeding during periods is constantly decreasing now I don, t even have to wear pads. Please confirm if it is normal?
What is hsg test. Doctor prescribed me to test hsg. I am pcod suffering scanty period and could not conceive. After hsg test could I able to conceive. please help.
Sir/madam my daughter 18 years old. She suffer from monthly periods are not correctly in time. I was consult two more gums specialist. thyroid, and bloods, ultrasounds, so many test. But every month don't comes periods. Test reports are nil. So I was go on my echs hospital we are given multivitamin tabs. But no result still three months more but not periods come. So give advise me.
Hello Doctor, I am 25 year old female. I am pregnant (40 days as of today) and this s my first baby. I have done my blood test in fasting. My fasting Blood glucose is 101 mg and my sugar level after 2 hours of breakfast is 90 mg. Is that implies I am having sugar. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Had more than six to seven abortions. Is there any possibility to affect my health in future. Kindly answer me. I think I had problem in my health.
I am suffering from polycystic ovarian. I have got irregular periods. Please tell me whether this will be a problem for my married life. How do I cure it in right way and in how much time.
Sir I need urgent reply kindly response soon sir my frnd she is worrying of delaying period last month 13th she had date and it has to be done this month 13th bt until now not yet her date even she has health upset last week blood deficit and she had exam also it has over last day and wrk there in home and make sure about prgncy not there sir.
I am suffering from pcod and thyroid due to which m facing lot of hairfall I want to knw how long I have to take d treatment for same to prevent hair fall problem.
Can I do the pregnancy test at home, because today 6th April 2016 is my period date and there is no period till now and can not see any sign of pregnancy also so should I check the pregnancy at home or go to the doctor for blood test, please advice.
I'm 24 years old. I have pcod problem. To get pregnant doc gave me tab to make periods regular. After that two cycles are regular. Then my period cycles becomes worse than earlier. Now I'm not taking any treatment. Hw do I make t regular naturally?
We even not have intercourse properly, but she missed her periods, we are in fear that she is pregnant even we are not married, what should I do?
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
My mom has a lump in the breast. We went to go to the doctor when lump was realized. Doctors said it's natural. It felt a little pain and swelling time to time after sonography test. Problem is still continued after 6-7 months. Many types of medicines we have tried but no relief. What can we do? Is sonography harmful? Any solutions in ayurveda, home or allopathy?
I'm in love with a divorcee. I want to marry her as we do share a good bonding & relationship. But I am worried about my future sex life and about my children. Her previous relationship lasted for 10 years & she don't have any kid from that relationship so because of this reason she got divorced. Presently we are enjoying good relation physically & mentally but just worried about future uncertainties like Hiv. I mean if we have unsafe sex can I come in contact with this disease. If I have safe sex how can we have kids. I'm very confused Please do advice me in this please. She is 9 years elder to me her age is 31 years.
I am suffering from PCOS. Any solutions. Even my periods are irregular. Even I have problem of hirutisim.
I had unprotected sex a lot of times this month but took emergency pills after 48 hours of each encounter, which must be thrice or maybe 4 times. I am 20 days late for my periods and took the pregnancy test which was negative. Am I pregnant? If yes then are there pills for abortion available in India?
Hi madam I am getting irregular periods.When I get period and that time it will not stop for 1 to2 months and also I have thyroid problem and it has been now normal.Nd also I am taking medicines like ovral.L and tamik BC and registrone-5mg,r/locD tablets prescribed by doctor.But still my problem is not solved.Pls will u suggest the correct treatment.Thank u
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours