Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Rajkumar Singh MahanYour feedback matters!
My half face have paralysis. I do lot of thing for treatment. BT I ntng find. Any medicine. What I do.
Hello, My father, 73 years old suffering from paralysis since 1st Nov. 2014. His left part was attacked due to bleeding. He is under treatment of Dr. Kapil Singhal at Metro Hospital, Noida. Presently he is able to walk with support but unfortunately some time back his left shoulder was injured, there was a complete tear. That is why his left arm having pain. Pl. Suggest some exercise or give your opinion. Thanks
Many times normally during studies and drinking hot liquids (water, milk, tea, coffee) I feels internal bleeding in nasopharynx as smell of blood and simultaneously irony taste of blood also comes in oropharynx. I am facing this problem from 4 years. Asked many doctors even in Aiims but no help I got. What can I do? I also have migraine form 3 years.
I am a 31 year old male, have headache from last 10 years please suggest what should I do. My CT scan, PNS x-ray, BP, blood Glucose etc are normal and I took treatment for sinus and migraine too in alopathic as well as homoeopathy but still the headache is there. I am unable to sleep at night because the pain is whole over the head. So please suggest me any treatment.
I am 54 year male and from last 10-15 days I feel numbness and tingling sensation in my right arm till the tip of my fingers. What should I do doc ?
I have spinal cord problem since 2 years and present time numbness in my left & right both the legs and sometime when I walking then I have pain in my right ankle.
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
My aunt aged 36 years got her ct scan report and doc says she hasbrain tumour. Would like to know if brain tumor is curable or at which stage. How can sure. About this?
I am getting major head attacks at night. A major migrane attacks. Please suggest me a valid medicine to get rid of it.
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
I am 70 yrs old and suffering parkinson's, beside this I am loosing my weight ie from 72 kg to 49 kg since last 10 yrs. please advise.
1) Does excess masturbation lead to cancer? 2) does it lead to any other disease such as myasthenia gravis OR parkinson disease?
From 7 days I am not feeling the taste of any food. And on 4th day when I try to talk then my lips get one side not moving properly and then I ask a doctor foe this then I was said by him that I have a face paralysis. Give me a solution. Coz it occurs sudden.
I am 40 years of male. Last 2010 I have suffered from Epilepsy. I am taking Levipil 500 2nos and Gardenal 60 1. Is there any other way to getting relax from this disease. Thanks.
What are the signs and symptoms of migraine. How can I treat migraine without using speaks. Please help me.
I am 24 years old my hands shake whenever I tempered or angry on some one. Sometimes without any reason it shakes. Tell me what to do for that ?
I am 25 years m, I am having poor blood circulation problems sometimes when I bend my hands or legs, they get numb without proper blood circulation and sometimes not, also when I use mobile when lying down and resting my elbows on the floor, the nerve under the elbow gets easily pressed and my little finger gets numb without blood circulation, my nerves are getting easily pressed and causing poor blood flow, I got vit b12 and vit d tests done 4months ago I had vit d deficiency, and vit b12 was normal, so I took vit d treatment also but no improvement, I HAVE SEEN ON INTERNET THAT VIT E DEFICIENCY ALSO CAUSES POOR BLOOD CIRCULATION AND NERVE PROBLEMS, SO CAN I TAKE VIT E TABS FOR 15 DAYS AND CHECK, HOW MUCH DOSE IS SAFE FOR DAILY, PLS GUIDE ME. I also have some stress and anxiety problem, whether this stress, anxiety is causing this problem, I am very much confused, pls any one solve my confusion and problem.
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
These patients require CT scan / MRI or CSF examination. Most Migraine patients do not need these tests.
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Consult a doctor find the right medication for you.