Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
Quite often I get sciatic nerve pain. Will not be able to sit, stand or even sleep. Sometimes right leg and sometimes left leg. Taking pain killer for temporary relief. Please advice the remedies for the nerve pain. I get cramps as well, had calcium deficiency and lot of hair loss, taking thyroid treatment. Medicine suggested for thyroid was Euthyroid 25, now taking vitamin tablets for hair. But nerve pain is really bad. I get pain from little above thigh till foot.
Im a below knee amputation patient. How much a below knee liner cost, and how much validity of liner.
I have some small small kind of acne in hands, shoulder nd in my thighs .And I feel itchy all over my body.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am 35 years male. Last 1 month I am suffering wrist pain. Also right hand finger. As per my profession I he to work 10 hours in fronts of computer.
I can't stretched my legs since 5 days and it is paining very much. What happened to me please tell me. And please help me? Take me out from this pain.
Hey I'm playing football around 8 years +. But I can't get stamina. Every day I tried 15 min from start to play. And I also got leg pain. Any doctor please help.
I have sudden pain at the back of the neck. I consult a doctor but I have no improvement. What can I do.
I am Dr. Ankit Bhartia. I am an orthopedician and i am specialized in orthoscopy and orthoplasty of the knee hip and shoulder. I practice at Sparsh orthopedics and sports injury center on the Sohna Road Gurgaon. Today I will be talking about the ligament injuries.
Ligaments are tough band of tissues which connects to bone. In the knee joint there are four ligaments which stabilize the knee. These are the cruciate ligament and the posterior cruciate ligament which are inside the joint and middle collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament which are outside the joint. These ligaments can stress or can get torn or in this case or whenever there is injury to the knee. The injury can occur in lot of circumstances. These are landing or jumping in a flexion knee, stopping suddenly during running, twisting the knee over on of slanted foot and direct blow to the knee can cause injury to any of four ligaments of the knee. These injuries are more common in sports persons. Those playing basketball, football, gymnast are all prone to fast injuries. During injury, patient may feel sudden pop or snap sound during the injury and immediately after that patient may feel pain which may be severe to mild and varieties of swelling which can again severe to mild. Patient will not be able to completely select reasoning or extend the knee. He will always have a walkway and it will always be painful and patient will have the feeling of looseness of the joint in the sense that he will be instable during walking or enduring pain climbing stairs from walking on uneven surfaces. Ligament injuries once happens in a patient we will have to consult an orthopedician. The orthopedician will examine the knee thoroughly and guide him for about the diagnosis and treatment.
Partial knee ligament injuries can be treated by conservative ways and the treatment which you will be advised for are rest to the knee joint, ice pack to the compression apparel dressings in the form of the kneecap or say bandage elevation of the knee joint and external bracing or knee support in the form of knee brace to support the knee joint till the ligaments are healed and medications which will be prescribed.
Our analysis and anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the swelling will be prescribed to you and physiotherapy to strengthen knee joint are very important to help in healing of the ligaments and recover to the full extent. Once the knee is completely torn, the completely torn ligament like ACL and PCL does not leave by itself nor it cannot connect be repaired. It can only be reconstructed nowadays.
In the past what has happened is lot of athletes had to leave this post because of this ligament injuries and no successful treatment is available but now a specifically these ligaments can be reconstructed and very small instruction are given and it is all done as quickly where a ligament is taken from one part of the body and is implanted into the injured part and and recovery is possible and return to the activity is guided by physiotherapy. Doctor has some patients recover very fast, some take time to recover so it is a guided process. Within first week you will start and your increase in activity will depend upon your recovery process as such.
How to prevent ligaments of your knee to get injured?
- Very important is to warm up before all activity especially evasive activities, gym and the morning walks etc.
- Another thing is to strengthen your thigh muscles, strengthen your knee muscles is very important apart from strengthening, stretching of the muscles is also equally important.
How to prevent the injuries to the knee?
- Most important thing is to strengthen your knee muscles and to maintain the flexibility apart from extension you need to do stretching of your knee muscle as well.
- Second most important thing is to always warm up before starting any kind of exercise, running, gyming or sports.
- Apart from this you need to take care that you should not start to any of the activity of the knee and you should not even increase the limit of your activity abruptly.
Thank you. To contact me and to consult me, you can contact Lybrate or you can call up at Sarah Orthopedic and Sports Injury Center, Sohna road, Gurgaon.