Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. RajiniYour feedback matters!
Hey. Since last year I've been suffering from short memory. I've been taking tablets (omega3 and Himalaya mentat) but what is the reason for me having short memory? It is affecting me because I am a student and sometimes I do not have the money to continuously buy tablets! I don't mind buying them but can I at least know the reasons why this is happening?
A marriage can go stale due to several reasons. If you blindly believe in the maxim" marriages are made in heaven" you are still living inside a bubble. The gamut of difficulties faced in making a marriage work can leave newlyweds in complete awe. A marriage doesn't tiptoe on a tightrope between success and failure; it is more of a road taken towards happiness.
If your marriage doesn't fill you with contentment or you can sense the lack of bliss with your partner there are reasons to worry. Apart from the regular tiffs and grave contradictions, a married couple could also bicker or part ways due to the nonconsummation of their marriage. At times only one person has to experience the toll of little sexual intimacy while at other times, both individuals suffer from its absence.
A newly wed couple fails to have sex for 3 main reasons
1. Man's problem: erectile dysfunction (failure to get or maintain an erection) and very early ejaculation before vaginal insertion.
2. Woman's problem: either tight hymen or severe fear of pain & bleeding
3. Position difficulties: surprisingly, many couples find it difficult to take a proper position for sex as many do not have proper orientation of each other's body too.
Probable reasons behind nonconsummation of a marriage:
1. Extreme exhaustion: being very tired or exhausted can make you sexually inactive. One might be stressed due to work pressure. You or your partner could be tired of balancing professional and personal life. All these factors could lead to nonconsummation of marriage.
2. Real or apparent rejection: in many cases, only one person makes efforts to consummate the marriage. The partner may not directly decline your advances, but might not show much passion. This kind of passive response makes the other person feel rejected. You tend to avoid communication of such feelings and that complicates your situation. Along with the lack of intercourse, there arises a lack of love as well.
3. Any kind of substance abuse: addiction can deter you from performing in bed. Alcohol or drug abuse can reduce your sexual capabilities. There is also a range of medications leading to erectile dysfunction or vaginal dryness as a side effect. Having a physical inadequacy can make you recede from the idea of consummation.
4. Lack of emotional attachment: two people might have gotten married under societal or familial pressure. They may not feel love for each other or might not have anything in common to strike a chord of friendship. Lack of emotional attachment can prohibit the consummation of your marriage.
5. Sexual trauma: a person might have experienced instances of sexual abuse in childhood or at some point of time in life. Such instances scar them forever; the scars could be deep enough to come in the way of intercourse after marriage.
My leaf's are black and crack at lest one time in a month. Person suggest that I am smoking. What I do for my leaf's.
Hi Thoughts frequently got stuck in my mind and I remain keep thinking about them. How to get rid of stuck thoughts.
I have mind problem from 1.5 year whenever I have go to study I can understand what is written in book but I can't remember and also some stress.
Maximum how many days can a girls periods be delayed? If she has stress or any kind of depression or somewhat.
How to quit smoking? There is a pain sometime in my chest chin and neck. Is it due to the smoking? Also tell me I am doing job live in outside of my home. I can not get the home made food anywhere. So what food should I take as an outsider?
How to concentrate on studies and increase memory power .and stop having dirty thought in mind and avoid having super sex desire.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.