Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeshwari RYour feedback matters!
Most of us know that eating a balanced diet is important for good health. Now scientists have pinpointed certain foods as super foods. In addition to promoting overall health, these are foods for kidney health as well.
To understand why they're called super foods, we first have to understand oxidation and free radicals. Oxidation is a normal bodily process for producing energy and is part of many chemical changes in your body. However, it can sometimes lead to the production of molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that bounce wildly around inside your body, damaging proteins, genes and cell membranes. Free radicals are believed to contribute to aging and many chronic diseases, including cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer's disease.
The good news is super foods contain antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals. Even in relatively low amounts, antioxidants can help slow or stop the rate of oxidation caused by free radicals. Examples of antioxidants include flavonoids, lycopene and vitamins C, E and beta-carotene.
Super foods for your kidneys
If you are on dialysis or have chronic kidney disease (CKD), you'll be glad to know that there are lots of super foods, containing antioxidants and other health-supporting properties, included in the kidney diet. People with kidney disease experience more inflammation and have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease than those without kidney problems. If you have kidney disease, it's important that you consult a renal dietitian and follow a kidney diet. Including super foods in your kidney diet eating plan can help you increase your intake of nutrients and antioxidants.
Here’s a list of the top 15 kidney-friendly super foods. These foods are good for everyone, not just people with kidney disease, so by using them in your family's meals, you'll be helping your loved ones enjoy good health too.
1. Red bell peppers
Red bell peppers are a good choice for those concerned about kidney health, because they're low in potassium. In addition, they add color and taste to any dish, while packing a generous portion of vitamins A, C, B6, folic acid and fiber. They also contain the antioxidant lycopene, which protects against certain types of cancer.
If you're following the kidney diet, it's easy to add red bell peppers to your food plan. Mix them into tuna or chicken salad or eat raw with dip. Roasted, they're great for topping sandwiches or green salads. Chop them up for use in egg dishes, such as omelets or scrambled eggs, add them to kabobs for grilling or stuff them with a ground beef or turkey mixture for a tasty baked entrée.
Crunchy cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable filled with phytochemicals, chemical compounds found in certain fruits and vegetables. Phytochemicals work to break apart free radicals. Many phytochemicals are believed to combat cancer and support cardiovascular health.
Inexpensive cabbage is a great addition to your eating plan, because it's also high in vitamins K and C, high in fiber and a good source of vitamin B6 and folic acid, yet it's low in potassium, so it's especially kidney-friendly.
If you're following the dialysis diet, add cabbage by turning it into coleslaw or use as a topping for fish tacos. Cabbage can be boiled, steamed or microwaved and then enjoyed with a touch of butter or cream cheese and a sprinkling of pepper or caraway seeds. Other nutritious meal options include cabbage rolls and stuffed cabbage.
Another kidney-friendly super food is cauliflower. This cruciferous vegetable brings lots of vitamin C to your plate, along with folate and fiber. In addition it contains compounds that help your liver neutralize toxic substances.
Cauliflower can be eaten raw with dip or in salads. Steamed or boiled, it can be seasoned and turned into a great side dish. You can even mash cauliflower as a dialysis-friendly replacement for mashed potatoes.
Garlic is good for reducing inflammation and lowering cholesterol. It also has antioxidant and anti-clotting properties. (Cooking garlic will not affect its antioxidant properties, but it will reduce its anti-clotting and anti-inflammatory effects.)
If you're following the dialysis diet, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt to add extra flavor to your meals without adding extra sodium. Garlic can be used in cooking many dishes: meat, vegetables or tomato sauce, for instance. Once you start cooking with garlic, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
Another popular food used for seasoning is the onion. Onion is full of flavonoids, particularly quercetin. Flavonoids are natural chemicals that prevent the deposit of fatty material in blood vessels and add pigmentation (color) to plants. Quercetin is a powerful antioxidant that is believed to help reduce heart disease and protect against many forms of cancer. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Low in potassium, onions are not only kidney-friendly; they also contain chromium, a mineral that assists your body with the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
Onions can be enjoyed raw or cooked in a variety dishes.
An apple a day really does help keep the doctor away! High in fiber and anti-inflammatory properties, apples help reduce cholesterol, prevent constipation, protect against heart disease and decrease your risk of cancer.
Renal-friendly apples can be eaten raw or cooked. Or get their health benefits by drinking apple juice or cider.
Cranberries are great for preventing urinary tract infections, because they make urine more acidic and help keep bacteria from attaching to the inside of the bladder. They've also been shown to protect against cancer and heart disease.
Although we think of cranberries as a holiday side dish, cranberry juice can be enjoyed daily for added nutrition. Or toss a handful of dried cranberries into your cereal or salad.
These tasty berries get their blue color from antioxidant compounds called anthocyanidins. Blueberries get high marks for nutrition, thanks to natural compounds that reduce inflammation and lots of vitamin C and fiber. They also contain manganese, which contributes to healthy bones.
Use blueberries to top off your morning cereal, whip them up in a fruit smoothie or enjoy them in a baked treat, such as muffins or crisp.
Raspberries contain a compound called ellagic acid, which helps neutralize free radicals. The berry's red color comes from antioxidants called anthocyanins. Raspberries are packed with fiber, vitamin C and manganese. They also have plenty of folate, a B vitamin. Raspberries have properties that help stop cancer cell growth and the formation of tumors.
Sprinkle fresh raspberries on cereal, or whip them up in a kidney-friendly fruit smoothie.
Strawberries are rich in two types of antioxidants, plus they contain lots of vitamin C, manganese and fiber. They have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties and also help keep your heart healthy.
Like most berries, they're wonderful on cereal or in smoothies. Add whipped topping for a quick dessert, or puree them for a fresh addition to pound or angel food cake.
Cherries are filled with antioxidants and phytochemicals that protect your heart. When eaten daily, they have been shown to reduce inflammation.
Fresh cherries make a delicious snack. Of course, cherry pie is a popular dessert, but there's also cherry crisp, cherry cheesecake and even cherry coffee cake. Cherry sauce makes a nice accompaniment to lamb or pork.
12. Red grapes
The color in red grapes comes from several flavonoids. These are good for your heart, because they prevent oxidation and reduce the chance of blood clots. One flavonoid in grapes, resveratrol, may boost production of nitric oxide, which increases muscle relaxation in blood vessels for better blood flow. Flavonoids also help protect you from cancer and prevent inflammation.
Choose those with red or purple skin grapes for the highest flavonoid content. Eat grapes as a snack. When frozen, they make a good thirst-quencher for those on a fluid-restricted diet. Add grapes to fruit or chicken salad. Or drink grape juice.
13. Egg whites
Did you know that egg whites are pure protein? They provide the highest quality protein there is, along with all of the essential amino acids. If you're on the kidney diet, it's good to note that egg whites have less phosphorus than other protein sources, such as egg yolks or meats.
Use egg whites for omelets or egg white sandwiches. You can also add them to smoothies or shakes. Hard boil eggs and use the whites to use in tuna or green salads.
Another high-quality source of protein is fish. Both the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association recommend that you include fish in your meal plan two or three times a week. Besides being a great source of protein, fish contains anti-inflammatory fats called omega-3s. These healthy fats help prevent diseases, such as cancer and heart disease. They also help lower LDL (the bad cholesterol) and raise HDL (the good cholesterol).
The types of fish that have the most omega-3s are salmon, albacore tuna, mackerel, herring and rainbow trout.
15. Olive oil
Research has shown that people in countries where olive oil is used instead of other types of oils tend to have lower rates of cancer and heart disease. This is believed to be due to olive oil's many good components: oleic acid, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid which protects against oxidation and polyphenols and antioxidant compounds that prevent inflammation and oxidation.
Use virgin or extra virgin olive oil – they're higher in antioxidants. Olive oil can be used in cooking or to make salad dressing, as a dip for bread and as a marinade for vegetables.
If you're concerned about the health of your own kidneys — or somebody else's — these 15 super foods for kidney health should be on your grocery-shopping list. Ask a renal dietitian for help including them in your kidney-friendly meal plan if you have chronic kidney disease. When buying fruits and vegetables, get the freshest ones you can find and be sure to include a variety, since some are rich in one nutrient and others are rich in another. If you can only find fruits that are not at their peak, the flavor may be lessened, but you'll still get good nutritional value from them for your kidney health.
HI, In Past December I was little hefty and I wanted to trim my tummy, hence I consulted a GYM and gone through a 2 months coarse to trim my tummy. I was on a diet for 2 months and I lost 4 Kgs of weight. Now after finishing my coarse, I was advised to walk, till today I am becoming thinner as I have lost 6 kgs in past 6 months. I have checked the blood sugar, its FBS - 88, PPBS - 110 (Tested 15 Days back) I have checked the cholesterol (Lipid Profile) it is also normal (Tested 3 Months Back) I have checked for thyroid, it is also normal. (Tested 7 Days Back) BP - 90/125, Now I am worrying why I am losing weight. Kindly give me some suggestions.
I have a throat infection . I want to know the precautions with which water I should do bath? What should I eat etc.
शीघ्रपतन पुरुषों में होने वाली आम समस्या है। अक्सर शीघ्रपतन की मुख्या वजह शारीरिक कम मानसिक ज्यादा होती है! लोगों में दोनों या दोनों में से कोई भी एक समस्या हो सकती है। सेक्स के दौरान शुरुआती 3० सेकेंड से दो मिनट के बीच ही वीर्य निकल जाए तो इस स्थिति को शीघ्र पतन या प्रीमेच्योर इजेकुलेशन कहते हैं। शीघ्रपतन होने पर स्त्री संभोग का पूरा आनंद नहीं उठा पाती है, जिसके कारण पति-पत्नी दोनों में तनाव भी पैदा हो सकता है। इस स्थिति में पुरुषों में हीनभावना आ जाती है। वीर्य निकालने वाली नली में खुश्की के कारण जब कमजोरी आ जाती है, तब वीर्य-स्खलन जल्दी हो जाता है। इस स्थिति में वीर्य पतला तथा उसका रंग सफेद होता है। इस समस्या की वजह युवक के लिंग के ऊपरी भाग का अधिक संवेदनशील होना, कोई लम्बी बीमारी अथवा लम्बे समय से किसी दवाई का सेवन, अधिकतर समय शारीरिक संबंधों के बारे में सोचना, कोई चोट लगना, मानसिक बिमारी, ड्रग्स, या शरीर में हार्मोन से जुड़ी समस्या का होना भी हो सकता है। नजर डालें कुछ ऐसे ही कारणों पर:
- जब किसी कारणवश शरीर में रक्त तथा वीर्य उचित से अधिक मात्रा में बढ़ जाते हैं, तब भी वीर्य-स्खलन जल्दी हो जाता है। ऐसी स्थिति में वीर्य न अधिक गाढ़ा होता है और न अधिक पतला परन्तु लिंग में कड़ापन अधिक होता है।
- किसी भी प्रकार का नशा न करें। नशा आपकी सेक्स पावर को घटाता है। तनाव न लें। बहुत से लोग इसी तनाव से ग्रस्त रहते हैं कि पता नहीं वे अपने साथी को खुश कर पाएंगे या नहीं। शीघ्रपतन कोई बीमारी नहीं है। खुद पर यकीन रखें।
- वीर्य-नली में सुस्ती अथवा ढीलापन आ जाने से वह वीर्य रोक पाने में असमर्थ हो जाती है, ऐसी स्थिति में वीर्य अपने आप निकल जाता है।
- वीर्य-वर्द्धक औषधियों के सेवन से जब शरीर में अधिक वीर्य जमा हो जाता है, तब मैथुन के समय वह शीघ्र तथा अधिक परिमाण में निकलता है। ऐसा वीर्य न अधिक गाढ़ा होता है और न अधिक पतला।
- कई लोग कहते हैं कि हस्तमैथुन करने से पुरुषों में शीघ्रपतन की समस्या देखने को मिलती है। उन्हें क्लाइमेक्स तक पहुंचने की जल्दी होती है जिस वजह से यह समस्या देखने को मिलती है। हालांकि इस बात के कोई वैज्ञानिक प्रमाण नहीं हैं।
- दिल, दिमाग, पैंक्रियाज या किडनी आदि की समस्या होने पर वीर्य-स्खलन शीघ्र होता है।
- डायबिटीज जैसी बीमारियों का प्रभाव नर्वस सिस्टम पर पड़ता है। तंत्रिका प्रणाली पर असर होने के चलते लिंग की नसें कमजोर हो जाती हैं जिससे ये समस्या हो सकती है। इसके अलावा ड्रग्स वगैरह लेने पर भी ये समस्या हो सकती है।
- मानसिक तनाव स्वास्थ्य के लिए किसी भी तरह से ठीक नहीं। इसका असर शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य के साथ सेक्स लाइफ पर भी पड़ता है।
- सेक्स पावर की कमी की मूल वजह भी शरीर में वीर्य की कमी का होना ही समझना चाहिए। कम सेक्स पावर वाले लोगों का वीर्य भी शीघ्र स्खलित होता है।
- थायरायड, लिंग की कमजोरी, हाईब्लडप्रेशर, विटामिन की कमी वगैरह भी शीघ्रपतन की वजह हो सकती हैं।
- उम्र के साथ शरीर में हार्मोंस में भी उतार-चढ़ाव देखने को मिलते हैं। सेक्स हार्मोन टेस्टोस्टेरोन की कमी से भी ये समस्या देखने को मिलती है। जंक फूड और मोटापे के चलते भी ये समस्या पैदा हो सकती है।
- ब्रेन केमिकल का असमान्य स्तर या अनुवांशिक कारणों से भी ये समस्या हो सकती है।
- प्रोटेस्ट या मूत्रमार्ग में सूजन या संक्रमण से भी शीघ्रपतन की समस्या हो सकती है।
- कभी-कभी ज्यादा ओरल सेक्स और फोरप्ले के चलते भी ये समस्या देखने में आती है।
I am suffering from chronic asthma And I am surviving on inhaler While surfing on web I came to know about bronchial thermoplastic My question is can it really cure my asthma forever and please tell how much does it costs and is it available in India or not.
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.