Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old male. For the past two days. I've noticed that my skin and eyes feel hot. No fever or any other symptoms. Just burning of eyes and skin and also difficulty to sleep at night. I have not been doing any other activities. What could be the reason n solution?
meri eyes in a right and left side 1-1 numbers he ise kam kar ne ka Koi tari ka he?. And kya eyes me dabur" rose water" ki drops Dal ne Se Koi side effects hote h? Please answer me.
Sir iam male age 21 sir iam having simple myopia with 3 diopter power in both eyes is there any way by I can reduce my power (exercise or medicine) or lack is the option left. Is lasik safe for surgery?
My age is 30 years. And my question is related to eye sight. When watching tv tears flow from both my eyes. Plzzz suggest me what I need yo do.
I have lot of sneezing & watery eyes with severe sore throat for almost month at start of winter season.
Hi I am a physically handicapped from the age of 5 years and currently I am 36 years old. I have curved spine problem. I cannot stand also. Others cannot see it. But for me sometimes sitting is very uncomfortable as the whole weight falls on left thigh and it's gives severe pain, I work in private company and sit for close to 12 hours continuously in a day. I want to know about the cure for this problem.
Hello, I am 36 years old with good built. Suddenly I noticed an underline line under my eyes. Which disturbs me very much. Please suggest what to do to remove this.
I'm starting to observe that my eyes are bulging a bit. Moreover, I feel my eyes get squint when I see far things. What should I do?
I have problem in my eyes, I'm feeling tiredness and weakness from last 2 week. Please suggest what should I do?
Hi I am facing itching in my eyes from the past 2 days and more over runny nose with cough. Please let me know is that happening due to change in weather.
I think My eye sight is dropping day by day, and I'm just 13 years old, I watch 2 hr TV and use 1 hr laptop only which I think is common because my brothers do same as well. My eyes hurt when I study. Can you suggest me some remedies?
I have some allergy in my eyes when I walk up in the morning I always found some dandruff at the top of my eye.
Hello Dr. Last 15 years I use chasma. My eyes sight is poor, how can I improve it myself. Every time I use chasma. And how can I see with my eyes not help of chashma.
Due to specs I use, I think my eyes gone deep and they look small. How to make my eyes look beautiful?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.