Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeshwari
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshwariYour feedback matters!
While drinking pure garlic juice may not sound palatable for many people, the health benefits associated with this unique beverage are undeniable. Garlic juice is made by pressing, juicing or blending garlic cloves, which come from the plant bearing the scientific name allium sativum. Closely related to onions, garlic has been used for thousands of years around the globe due to its powerful effects on human health.
Balanced between its use as a flavorful ingredient and an element of traditional medicine, many people rely on garlic juice for its anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant effects. This juice is easy to make, and is a rich source of allicin, the active ingredient in garlic, along with various b vitamins, vitamin c, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc, as well as sulfuric compounds and other volatile acids.
Benefits of garlic juice
Some of the primary benefits of garlic juice include preventing baldness, supporting skin health, strengthening the immune system, lowering blood pressure, stimulating the production of sex hormones, boosting circulation, reducing cancer risk, detoxifying the body, soothing respiratory conditions, and aiding in weight-loss efforts.
- Skin health: consuming garlic juice can deliver antioxidants to the skin that will reduce signs of aging, improve coloration and prevent inflammatory conditions or infections.
- Hair loss: many people use garlic juice to strengthen their hair, prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair follicles. This natural remedy can be consumed internally or mixed with other hair products or washes for excellent effects.
- Immune system: the antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties of garlic juice make it an excellent immune system shield, while also helping to prevent chronic disease and localized infections.
- Weight loss: allicin, the active ingredients in garlic juice, has been associated with weight loss, as it can help to lower unhealthy fats in the body and provide a metabolic boost that helps you burns calories.
- Sex hormones: research has connected garlic juice with a marked increase in sex hormones, which can help people overcome impotence, as well as slow sperm motility and sperm count.
- Circulation: herbs like garlic and onion are closely associated with boosting circulation and lowering plaque levels in the arteries and blood vessels. This can increase energy levels and lower your risk of certain cardiovascular problems.
- Heart health: as mentioned, garlic juice can lower cholesterol levels, while also reducing blood pressure and increasing the repair processes within the cardiovascular system, lowering your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Cancer: the significant levels of antioxidants found in garlic juice, along with allicin, can help to prevent oxidative stress and neutralize free radicals before they can cause cellular mutation and the development of cancer.
- Respiratory conditions: many people use garlic juice because it can rapidly clear uprespiratory infections, while also reducing inflammation that causes sore throats, soothing coughing and helping to repair damaged tissues in the respiratory tracts.
How to make garlic juice
You can make garlic juice quite easily at home, provided you have a decent amount of garlic and a bit of patience. So juicing a kilogram at a time, will yield roughly 2 cups of garlic juice. Only a small amount of juice is required to have an effect, so you will likely end up storing your the rest of the juice for later use.
1 kilogram of garlic
Step 1 – remove the skin from all of the garlic cloves and wash them thoroughly
Step 2 – blend garlic cloves in a blender, or juicer for 2-3 minutes
Step 3 – strain the garlic pulp through a fine sieve, into a mason jar
Step 4 – slowly pour the garlic juice through a coffee filter to remove any last remnants of garlic pulp
Step 5 – pour the garlic juice into an ice cube tray to prevent oxidation and freeze
Serving suggestion: when you want to use the garlic juice, simply pop out an ice cube and add it to shakes, smoothies, soup, or hot water (for a healthy gargle)
Garlic juice side effects
Bleeding: the anticoagulant nature of garlic’s active ingredients can exacerbate bleeding disorders, and should not be taken before or after a major surgery. Stomach: a concentrated dose of garlic juice can irritate the stomach, causing diarrhea, nausea and cramping, as well as dizziness or headaches. Allergies: some people have topical and internal allergies to garlic; speak with a doctor before adding this concentrated juice to your health regimen.potassium magnesium
Dear Doctor, I'm 3 months one week pregnant and I have constipation. If I put little pressure also I will get little bleeding. Please help.
My last period was on 19 January. Had sex on 4th February. On 16 th February bleeding was there but less than normal periods bleeding and on 17th February again very less bleeding. Adding on I am taking antibiotics for fever, cold and cough from 4 days and also last month period was also not proper because there was less bleeding. Help me out to know if theres any chances to get pregnant?
Hi. I am 25 years old. Married from two years. We are planning to children. Recently we contacted a doctor. She have done tests and said both are HIV positive. Then we have done western blot, again positive. And I tested our viral load and cd4 and cd8. My cd4 is 231. And viral load is 19000. My wife cd4 is 760 and viral load is 2100. What we have to do. We did not do any mistake. No option for life. Pls help me to get my life back. We are with so much of pain.
Hi I am 26 Years old, I am married from 2.5 years back, I am trying to conceive please suggest me some tips for conceiving.
Can I take abortion pills without consulting a doctor? As I can not continue with my 1 month pregnancy because I have 9 month old twins. What is the procedure to take abortion pills?
I am 36 year I have a problem of white discharge with a bed smell for last 20 years I have take so many medicine but they have no response.
But the fact is this: Almost all the fruits (except lengthy kerala banana called nenthrappazham) owing to their cool nature will suppress the peristaltic movements and worsen constipation.
Similarly fruits can also aggravate infection, inflammation, blood pressure, chances of getting heart attack owing to impaired blood flow.
So fruits are not always healthy!