Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshwariYour feedback matters!
I have already my period this month 8 - 10 but I am bleeding last 3 days some time blood is coming some time not.
I get irritation in vagina after having sex. I get burning sensation. I want to know the reason and how to avoid it.
I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 8th feb, her menstrual cycle date was on 12th feb eventually she missed her date today is 15th feb. Are there chances for her to get pregnant and if yes please advice how to get through it. Thank you.
Last week abdomen scan, I had two big cysts on my ovaries, one about 6 cm on right and another about 5 cm on left ovary, I am 39 years. What should I do, if it reduces medication or surgery is complsary. Are they removes my uterus. Please kindly advice.
I am 25 years old female and I have certain problem during the pregnancy I have 7 month baby right now my problem is itching my whole body and at the night my palms and heels so what can I do for it.
Hello Doctor, I had 2 abortion in 1 year and my second abortion was very complex. I am worried if these abortion can impact my future pregnancy. Does it give any impact or is there any test which can detect if my future pregnancy is normal or can have any impact of the abortions I had.
I take mifepristone on 25th September and misoprostol on 27th then after 3 hrs I got heavy bleeding for 2 hours then stop after one day I again start bleeding which is higher than my normal periods and didn't stop yet and today I started suffer from piles or not.
I am diagnosed pcos. I had a little amount of men's every month even till January. But recently in March and April my vaginal whitish discharge turned light brownish or pale yellow on my those dates.
My girlfriend is 18 years old, we had unprotected sex on the first day of her period but did not ejaculate inside her, again on the 26th of December we had unprotected, soon after the act she took a unwanted 72 pill, her period was due on the 10th of January and has not got it, what are the steps to be taken if the urine pregnancy tests in positive, and up to how many days of pregnancy can be terminated by MTP method?
Hello doctor, i am a married woman. Age 22.Last month i got my periods on 9th. This month not yet arrieved. Yesterday morning i did the test with pregnancy detection kit with my first urine of the day and it gave me positive result. For re confirmation i did the same test today , but not with first urine and it gave me negative result. Plz help with this. Am i really pregnant
I have a fibrodenema in my right breast and when the doctor's suggested me to leave as it is as there no harm. But I am confused if you should operate it or leave as it is. Please advise me on this.
Daily habits have the power to leave you limp during or after intercourse. These habits can result in low libido and low desire to engage in intercourse with your partner. However, once you identify them, it is easier to rectify them.
Here are a few daily things which might leave you limp:
- Not nourishing your libido enough: One major reason of a depreciating sex drive can be attributed to low libido, which can be an outcome of poor dietary choices. Add more aphrodisiacs to your diet such as oysters, dark chocolates, bananas, strawberries and yogurt which are rich in zinc, magnesium and other minerals which help in increasing your sex drive.
- Over-masturbation: Engaging in self-stimulation too many times a day can result in fatigue and other health problems. The acceptable number of times a person should masturbate in a day is 2-3 times, however, if you engage in masturbation more than that, you can experience problems like a limp, flaccid penis and reduced sexual drive.
- Increase in insulin levels: Consuming too much sugar during the day can result in spiked insulin (blood sugar levels) in your body. This ends up making you feel more lethargic. It was recently discovered that in men, insulin raises ‘oestrogen’, leading to low libido and in graver cases, erectile dysfunction. Another study linked excess glucose or blood sugar with a dip in the levels of testosterone, thus, leaving you limp before/after intercourse.
- Stress: Though some amount of stress is considered normal, when the levels of distress go sky-rocketing, it might leave you limp as if affects your sexual performance. Instead of relieving stress, sex ends up feeling more like a liability which can result in you having problems getting an erection or getting an orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, On 12 september 2015, I had an USG. It was reported uterus is bulky and contains a single gestational sac with a single fetus in it. No cardiac activity of the fetus is observed on real time. C. R. L. Measures 1.19cm, corresponding to 7 weeks 3 days gestation. YSD - 0.73CM (abnormally enlarged. Doctor said me to wait for one week and then to go for abortion. Is there any chance to get back the cardiac activity? please help me.
Before 1 year ago my wife was pregnant & child was miscarriage, she have one problem till now Something comes in Breast this is not like milk, but some like liquid. So please advice which type of medicine I preferred. Thanks.
FNAC or FNA stands for fine needle aspiration cytology. This is a simple OPD procedure generally done by pathologists . In this a patient would have a visible swelling or lump. The pathologist will insert a needle in the swelling ,move the needle back and forth, and aspirate ( suck) cells present within the lump. Slides are prepared from these cells aspirated. They then study the cells on a microscope and give a report.
Time required for procedure : few minutes only
Done by : pathologists
Fasting required : not necessary
Any complications of the procedure : usually mild pain for a few minutes, rarely and depending on site of
lump, may experience transient shock, hematoma etc
Report availability : usually by next day .Please check with the doctor performing the procedure.
Special comments :
1. If the swelling is not visible, say it is within the body and detected on scans, then the procedure is done by a Radiologist who localizes the swelling and the pathologist inserts the needle under guidance.
2. Always discuss the report with the pathologist who has done the procedure. Please do not make your own impressions from the report. They may be vastly different from what the pathologist is trying to convey
3. Usually FNAC is diagnostic of parasitic infections .In cases of suspected cancer, report usually says that atypical ( not good looking cells ) present. This needs to be further worked up by biopsy for definite categorization of swelling.
4. Tiny swellings ( usually less than 0.5 cm in diameter ), indiscreet swellings, or swellings that usually cannot be fixed between two fingers generally , should not undergo FNAC procedure - as chances of aspirating cells are pretty low in such cases. So the report would be misleading in most such cases.
Inability or absence of successful peno- vaginal intercourse in a couple.
About 15% of couple have problem of Unconsummation though they can have orgasm by masturbation or by oral stimulation of the genitals. It is not so common in the west, be for social and cultural reasons. The longest duration of Unconsummation seen was for 9 years.
The commonest cause of Unconsummation is ignorance about the sexual act, though sexual aversion, rigid hymen, atresia of vagina, trauma, infection and sexual dysfunctions like impotence, premature ejaculation vaginismus, dyspareunia, etc. and up in Unconsummation of marriage.
Attention is mainly focused here on the Unconsummation due to ignorance about the sexual act. The other conditions responsible for Unconsummation are managed by treating the cause.
1. sexuality is a basic instinct in the animals for reproduction and propagation life. Unlike the other animals, sexual behavior in the human being is the outcome of learning and conditioning. Sex being a very private issue and considered as a taboo, there is hardly any opportunity for learning the intercourse. therefore ignorance, myths and misconceptions about sexual act prevail.
2. All the quadruped and biped animals perform coitus by the rear entry, while human being is the only animal doing intercourse in a face –to – face position.
3. the act is done in the dark.
4. the vaginal opening and its direction are not visible externally.
How the problem presents?
Unconsummation is more common in urbanized and well- educated clients. They are normal in every respect except for their ignorance about the sexual act.
1. The client complaint may come for the guidance saying, I don’t know how to do intercourse. Please help me.
2. The chief complaint may be, I can’t penetrate.
Perhaps he tries at the wrong site or in a wrong direction; or she may be having vaginismus.
3. Some men may not know that they have to do pelvic movements after penetration.
4. Woman keeps her legs straight
This can be an important statement by the client giving a clue to the diagnosis. This COITAL position there is no proper alignment between the direction of penis and vagina; therefore penetration is not possible.
5. My penis is not hard enough for penetration this could be the complaint. The female might not have been sufficiently stimulated through foreplay. Nature has designed the structure of the vagina in such a way that man gets maximum rigidity of penis in the vagina and then only he can ejaculate.
6. Man may lose erection after trying at a wrong site ( at urethra or at clitoris) for a long time and blame himself. In such case, woman may complain of pain during the coital act.
7. If the women has vaginismus, man may not be able to penetrate. He may lose erection and label himself as impotent.
8. All the semen comes out
This is the complaint by the women when the man ejaculates on the vulva instead of in the vagina.
9. Women complaint of primary infertility. To the surprise of the examiner, the hymen may found to be in fact proving Unconsummation. Till this fact is brought their notice, they feel that they are doing the coitus in a perfect way.
1. The couple may continue to do intercourse in a wrong way without being aware about Unconsummation.
2. Women may complain of pain during the intercourse
3. Man way lose the erection after trying intercourse unsuccessfully at a wrong site for sufficient length of time. He may think himself suffering from impotence.
6. Marital conflict/ divorce
1. history is most important.
Foreplay : yes/no
Erection of penis in man and lubrication of vagina in women : Yes/No
Women flexing her hips during coitus in missionary position : Yes/No
Site & direction of penetration : Right/ Wrong
Pelvic movements: Yes/No
Illumination in the room: Yes/No
2. In every case of impotence and infertility, Unconsummation should be ruled out.
3. Women sleeping in the supine position with legs straight on the bed during the intercourse should make the clinician suspect Unconsummation.
4. Genital Examination:
Presence of hymen in the married female .
Only one finger dilatation of vagina
Presence of smegma on the glans/coronal sulcus in the male
Painful retraction of prepuce (or phimosis) may be an accidental finding.
5. Post-coital Test: Absence of sperms in the sample.
1. Both the partners should attend the counselling session.
2. Anatomy of male & Female genitals should be explained to them with the help of clay model, charts or slides.
3. Examination of the genitals:
One finger PV examination of the females should be done in the presence of the male to enable him to understand the site and the direction of the vaginal barrel.
4. The following instructions will help the couple in overcoming Unconsummation.
For the couples who sleep on the floor.
Lights should be on or the coitus should be done during the day.
The couple should engage in foreplay till he gets erection of penis and she gets lubrication of vagina.
The female should be in a supine position on the bed, with a pillow under her buttocks, and with her thighs flexed and abducted at her hips. This rotates her pelvis and brings her vaginal opening accessible for the penetration by the male.
The male should squat on his heels ( vajrasan or Namaaz Position)
Between her thighs. In this position he being perpendicular to her body is in a position to locate and align his penis with the vagina which is at the lower end of vertical cleft, and in upward and backward direction.
Then he advances towards her that his right thigh is under her left one , and his left thigh is her right one. On reaching near her vulva, he separates the labia by his left hand and inserts his penis by his right hand. In the event of difficulty, the female should help him with her hand in guiding the insertion penis.
Supporting his body on the knees and holding her thighs by his hands he makes to and for movements of his pelvis till he ejaculates in the vagina.
For the couples who sleep on the cot: (T position )
Light should on or the coitus should be done during the day. The female sleeps on the cot in a supine and slide down till buttocks are on the foot end the bed.
She flexes and abducts her thighs, and the male kneels on the floor between her thighs, supporting his knee on the pillows so as to align his penis with her vaginal opening. In this position the male is perpendicular to the female.
The advantages are that he can see the external genitals of both and maneuver the penetration, can make pelvic movements by holding her thighs, and can stimulate the clitoris simultaneously while doing intercourse.
The success rate is high. once the couples learn the coital act they simply wonder as to how they could miss such a simple and universal procedure