Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh M AppajiYour feedback matters!
Oily skin can cause a number of unfavourable changes to the skin. It makes the skin look greasy and dirty. The complexion looks darker and gets tanned easily. Oily skin also suffers from bouts of acne, pimples, rashes and scars. Black patches and blotchy spots are common. This can be really upsetting and cause low self esteem. In an attempt to hide the acne marks and uneven skin tone, many resort to chemical products and make up. This further complicates the skin condition causing severe damage.
Oily skin can be genetic or a result of hormonal imbalance and other external factors, such as weather conditions, applications of certain creams or oils or an unhealthy diet. The skin turns oily when there is excessive secretion from the sebaceous glands on the skin. However, as oil attracts dirt and germs, these pores and glands get blocked which trigger blackheads, pimple and boil like rashes. Cosmetics will only aggravate the rashes, preventing its cure and leaving behind permanent scars and patches.
At such a time, homeopathic treatment is highly recommended and most preferred. It is completely safe, natural and non toxic. Homeopathic medicines do not cause any adverse side effects. Homeopathy can be used to safely treat all age groups. Teenagers who have hit puberty are more prone to oily skin and acne.
Steps to care for oily skin:
1. Clean your face thoroughly more than twice daily. Cleansing the face is extremely important specially after coming home from outside and before going to bed.
2. An astringent or toner must be applied on the skin after a thorough cleansing procedure. An antiseptic liquid can also be very helpful as it removes germs and causes of infection.
3. Reduce exposure to sun and pollution to control skin damage. It is necessary to use a natural non-greasy sunscreen every time you step out.
4. A balanced diet, rich in green vegetables, fruits and fibres is of utmost need. Junk food, aerated drinks and excessive caffeine consumption have to be stopped as soon as possible.
Homeopathic medicines that help to treat oily skin:
1. Silicea and Kali Bromatum help to control the greasiness of the skin and are most effective on skin that has pimple, scars and acne.
2. Bovista helps to treat oily skin that has been damaged by excessive use of chemical cosmetics.
3. Psorinum treats oily skin that has dark patchy facial skin.
4. Sulphur helps to clear the skin and give a healthy glow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Can I use talcum powder on my pubic area, for dryness and for good skin also, if yes then, please tell me the name of a good powder which is much useful for these purpose.
I got pimples on my face and how can I get slim and I am getting too much of headache and also leg pains I am getting too much of sweating on hands and tension bring of eyes.
My hairs are getting damage from side lines soo how to get rid of it! My forehead is getting to big.
For pimples or black spot. Aapke according koi sii acchi cream jise pimples or black spot dono clear hojay.
Hello sir/Mam, Sir I want to ask about hair loss sometime I feel hair loss so I changed the hair oil but no improvement so I consult to hair speacliast doctor so she prescribed to More f 15 % and creating oil and some medicine but after three month I quit all this and continue creatine hair oil only is it best. Please suggest better option for me.
I met with an accident 7 months ago, my face got damaged due to it and there are many scars on my face as well as keloids scars on my jaw line and right cheek. What should I do and will my face be as original as before or not?
Dear Madam/Sir, I am (28 years) from Guwahati I have suffering hair fall and dry scalp with dandruff and used anti dandruff shampoos but don't get results please suggest me.
• Avoid chocolate, ice-cream, butter, cakes, white bread, sweets and fried food.
• Limit intake of non-vegetarian food.
• Do not break your pimples will lead to secondary infections.
• Do not use scented soaps and chemicals on your face.
• Wash your face frequently, at least 5 times a day, taking care that it does not become too dry.
• Use non-greasy make-up or if possible do not apply cosmetics.
• Use natural cleansers than chemical preparations:
– Wash face with gram flour (channa) and little turmeric in it.
– Massage skin with fresh cucumber, it gives cooling effect on skin.
– You can massage your face with fresh fruits also.
• You can take facial steam to reduce inflammation and infection for not more then 15 minutes and once fortnight.
• Practice yoga – will help make your circulation better.