Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh K.rYour feedback matters!
My questions is. My right side teeth root canal in process. So which cap is better for teeth. Metal or ceramic?
I am 59 years old and want tore-move 20 teeth in one sitting is it risky? Are there any side effects.
I have deeper cavity in my teeth. I found many articles on internet to heal and cure it. I do oil pulling since 6 months it does brighten my teeth but not reversing decay. I know dentist will say filling it. I heard that kapalbhati can cure it. I want ans from yoga expert or ayurvedacharya on it.
I have little pimple in my mouth it's paining too much. I can't even eat or drink water. What I have to do?
I usually have small amount of blood in my teeth during brushing them. Sometime I have little bit of pain in the teeth.
Have you ever wondered what to look when you are shopping for a right brush for yourself. We always read the contents, calorie intake etc etc when you buy something to eat but then why choose anything when it comes to taking care of your oral hygiene.
So, here are some tips you need to observe while buying a toothbrush for yourself
1. It should always be SOFT TOOTHBRUSH- No matter how delicate it might look , remember you are cleaning your teeth not your clothes. So never buy a hard or a medium brush. This is always written on either extreme top or extreme bottom of the toothbrush you are buying. Remember, it should be a soft toothbrush.
2. Any branded company recognised by the American Dental Association will do . I am not promoting a brand but remember to choose a good company because that will usually follow the guidelines followed by ADA to design a toothbrush.
3. Have additional features- Features you need are Gum Stimulators( for massaging the gums), 360 degree cleaning . If you are wearing braces, make sure you have a specially designed orthodontic brush for yourself.
So, i hope next time if i see you in the grocery store you know what to buy..
I have been smoking hookah from 2month. Now I'm getting bad taste on tongue and getting yellow whitish coating on it. How do I remove the yellow whitish coated from my tongue.
Hello doctor I met an accident before two days. My jaws got injured in my mouth but TMJ joints, dooring, matching of teeth is perfect but while I open my mouth some little deviating is coming even-though I was eating without any pain. Tat deviation will become normal?
I think one of tooth is rotten. It turned into black and it is hurting the right jaw so badly. Is there any first aid I could do before going to doctor to avoid the pain. Any medicine I could by at the medical shop without prescription.
How can I help my teeth not to get into yellowish color. I am not feeling comfortable when talking to others. If any thing that cure this please let me know.
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
In morning, I get little thick jelly like saliva in my mouth. What is the cause? Do I need to worry?
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.