Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 29 years old boy and I have a big hole on my face because of chickenpox. So please advise the treatment with cost. And how much setting required for to fill up the hole. What is price of per setting. I need doctor based in pune.
I have black spot around my eyes during last 2 year. What should I do to remove it. Please. Give proper advice?
At first I had a little black spot under my eyes. So I was rubbing this area using napkin and become scratched. After that this area belong black scratched scar .i was consulting with other doctors ,but didn't get convenient result. Please suggests me to best way to remove this scar.
I'm Laxmi of 20 years age I have lot of hair fall problem so wat should I do to reduce hair fall n gain more n more hair I'm female n unmarried and even my skin is too oily so give me solution of my problem.
Flat, grey, brown or black spots, which usually occur on the sun exposed areas of the human skin are called Age spots. They are also termed as senile lentigo, liver spots, solar lentigines or sun spots.
Serious conditions of age spots include:
- A malignant skin cancer condition called melanoma
- A type of skin cancer condition called lentigo maligna
- A non-cancerous skin growth called keratosis.
Noticeable characteristics of age spots that are identifiable include:
- Darkened pigmentation
- Irregularity in border
- Combination in colours
- Size increase over a short period
- Bleeding, itching, redness or tenderness
The procedure for diagnosing is usually performed by dermatologists. If the doctor has any serious concern about the skin, a skin biopsy might be needed which would require the doctor to analyse a small sample of the skin. A local anaesthetic would be applied and a small portion of the skin would be cut away. Examination of the sample would be performed in the lab in order to determine whether there is a possibility of a condition other than solar lentiginosis.
Treatment is not usually required as age spots are harmless. However, for cosmetic purposes, people choose to treat the age spots. Some of the treatments include:
- Prescription of bleaching creams, often coupled with retinoid creams and steroids are used to lighten age spots.
- Dermabrasion is performed using a rotating brush to remove its surface layers and scour the skin. Redness and scabbing might be felt.
- Cryotherapy is performed where liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the skin of the age spot which in turn destroys the dark colour produced by the melanin. There is a possibility of scarring during this procedure.