Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I have only 5'6" height and I am 18 years old. Would I become taller? Does hanging for some time helps?
For the past three years, I have been suffering from pin worms. I've been deworming myself everything 6 months, cleaning linens and bedsheets but no results yet. I've started loosing weight as well. What might be a definitive cure?
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"
I have been having chronic constipation and gastric problems leading difficult bowl movements because of gas obstruction in the small intestine.
Premature ejaculation is a condition in which the men tend to ejaculate too early or sometime even before the deep penetration. Generally, every man will be able to do successful intercourse for two to six minute, but if the ejaculation occurs before this short duration of time the act of sex comes to an end within a short period. Ayurveda treats premature ejaculation with several herbs, but they also insist on few natural home remedies to overcome this issue. Also, learn to cope With Erectile Dysfunction and Depression.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for premature ejaculation
- Asparagus powder: Boil two teaspoon of asparagus powder with one cup of milk for ten minutes. Drink this milk for two times a day regularly and this cure premature ejaculation at faster rate.
- Saffron and almond: Soak 10 almonds in water before night and next day morning peel off the skin and make them into fine powder. Mix this almond powder in one cup of cow’s milk along with cardamom powder, ginger powder and one pinch of saffron. Drink this mixture daily to improve your sex.
- Ginger and honey: Mix one table spoon of honey and small piece of ginger in one cup of boiled milk. Filter the milk and drink regularly to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Garlic: Garlic is another natural ingredient which is commonly available in every kitchen. Eat two to three cloves of garlic daily to improve your ejaculation time and to treat premature ejaculation.
- Carrots: Chop the carrots finely and mix it with honey and egg that is half boiled. Eat this regularly and this is an effective form of treatment for premature ejaculation.
- Diet changes: Dietary change is much essential to treat premature ejaculation even if you are on any drugs to treat it. Include foods that contain aphrodisiac properties that help to improve the sexual desire and treat any problems related to sex. Banana, drumstick, carrot, fennel, nuts, honey, cereals and milk are to be included in daily diet.
- Life style changes: Avoid taking much coffee, tea, alcohol and smoking. Practice doing yoga specially like matsya asana, sarvang asana and hala asana helps to overcome ejaculation problems.